German TV documentary about asexuality

weird elf

Posted to youtube on March 13, 2020

Winter-Cattle

It was an interesting conversation to hear, thank you for sharing. The topic of the conversation from 5:15-6:30 on what is and isn't considered sex was definitely the most surprising thing I learnt when I first read into asexuality. I thought asexuals were completely nonsexual, so I was surprised to learn people identified as asexual, but participated in masturbation, fetishes, etc. The interviewer seems to agree these are not sex, so I wonder how widespread my misconception was.

Canadian_geek

Ok so my German is terrible. Unfortunately there isn't any close captioning/English translation that I could get working. Interesting to see the comments to the video though. 

Winter-Cattle
3 hours ago, Canadian_geek said:

Ok so my German is terrible. Unfortunately there isn't any close captioning/English translation that I could get working. Interesting to see the comments to the video though. 

I think there should at least be auto-CC on every YouTube video, so it is a shame there is not on this one. I have watched videos in languages I don't speak by using the auto-translate function, so I find it a helpful feature. My English has been rightly pointed out as terrible on every site I have used including this one, but I will give a summary on the contents:

0:00-0:32 Introduction to the topic by Clare

0:32-2:00 Discussion on definitions and what asexuality means

2:00-2:24 Clare mentions the statistics and communities

2:24-3:34 Misconceptions about asexuality

3:46-6:30 Discussion about Kati's partnerships, asexual-sexual partnering, whether she has had sex, what is and isn't considered sex

6:30-7:09 Summary that asexuals are not so different from everyone else

Archived