Lord Jade Cross

9 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Are the sensations experienced in sex dreams equal to that of the ones that would be experienced in the waking world, especially for someone who's never had sex?

I wouldn't know. I've never had sex. My sex dreams always involve a partner who I might be intimate with but the dream ends when I begin to feel attraction. Some times I am another person I watch but the result is the same. I wake feeling a bit lonely that I will never meet the person inside my head. That person is me, though. Dreams seem a way of coming to terms with yourself. I am alone. Am I though?

What I experience in mine is more intense and exaggerated than what happens in reality.  It's also undesired though -- I never feel like myself in these sorts of dreams -- and all that leaves me feeling very uncomfortable after I've woken up.

I've had dreams where I meet the perfect romantic partner. I can feel the chemistry even after I wake up. The last one's name was Gavin. :) Where are yo-o-o-o-o-u, Gavin?

My sex dreams are always vague or incomplete. Like for example I'm always fully clothed, so whatever I do with the other person is through clothes, and by the time I wake up I can't really remember what anything felt like... Even during the dream it's always more like watching a movie, like just having the awareness that what I'd classify as sex is going on, but without really experiencing much sensation at all. 

Lord Jade Cross
On 3/27/2020 at 11:56 PM, Philip027 said:

What I experience in mine is more intense and exaggerated than what happens in reality.  It's also undesired though -- I never feel like myself in these sorts of dreams -- and all that leaves me feeling very uncomfortable after I've woken up.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:05 AM, CBC said:

There's no across-the-board answer to this, of course. I don't have many sex dreams these days, and when I do they don't often involve actual sex. There's a sense that it's going to happen, perhaps some touching... more like sexual tension dreams than sex dreams. Many years ago before I'd actually had sex though, I'd have dreams that were more intense and I would be aware that some sort of physical arousal was happening, I guess like the female version of wet dreams or whatever.

Dreams are not like having actual sex, though.

Lord Jade Cross
On 3/28/2020 at 3:30 AM, CBC said:

Oh no, I wasn't saying they were more intense than sex. Not for me personally. I meant that the dreams I had in my very early 20s were more intense than any dreams I experience now. Actual sex is certainly far more intense because it's, well, real.

They're accurate only in that I don't have them, nor do I have any desire for bending bedsprings. 

As a virgin who has sex dreams, I think the sensations I feel in those dreams are mostly conjecture. Basically what my brain assumes would happen during sex. Human brains do seem to be good at imagining things, but they aren't perfect.

I hear that it is an accurate sensation but not realistic.

Sex dreams or hell, normal dreams are more likely to be a result of our brains trying to imagine how would it probably feel, despite the fact that we have never experienced it before, desired it, is impossible to recreate IRL or even knew something like that has even existed in our waking lives.

Also, context matters.

Spoiler

For example, I once heard someone (on r/Dreams) saying that they had a dream about having wings and able to feel it whenever someone touches them.

And then, there was another person (a straight guy) who said that he had a dream where his gf was obsessed with his ass, at one point in the dream (after making out) she ends up fingering to point where he has orgasm. Keep in mind that bthis guy didn't know that this was possible or a thing.

I myself had a fair share of dream experiences like the ones above but er... I don't feel comfortable sharing.

AlthoughI rarely have sex dreams, they tend to be very... WTF, if you catch my drift.

How can the brain imagine such experiences... I don't know.

Blizzard Avis

The times I have had sex dreams are very rare, so much that I can remember only two of those dreams in my life, and even those two were... more awkward encounters than sex dreams. But I kind of don't experience physical sensations when dreaming in general (except if I really have to pee irl and it translates to my dream), so I doubt I'd feel anything even if it was an actual sex dream.

I actually had my first "real" sex dream just a few days ago! It was really weird, I had made an agreement with an old childhood friend of mine to meet up for sex even though I would never do that in real life (and haven't seen him in over a year, wtf). We didn't get to the point of actually doing the sex, but we did meet up, and I remember a lot of it being me feeling awkward about how to go about it. But in the dream it was still something I wanted to do.

On the other hand, I've had quite a few kink dreams, since I'm also a kinky person and that's what I actually do desire. What's interesting about them is that I never do something in those dreams that I haven't done in real life. Before I acknowledged my kinks and started trying it out I sometimes dreamt of what I wanted to do, but I always woke up or the dream changed right before I actually got to do it. After I've had real life kink experiences I've been able to recreate them in my dreams. Sometimes kinks that I haven't yet tried come up, but again the dream will never let me get to the point where I actually try it. I find that quite interesting, apparently my brain isn't able to produce an imagination of a sensation that it doesn't know how feels...

I've also had dreams about my sexual fantasies that aroused me in my sleep 😛

Lord Jade Cross
On 3/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, ConfusedSnowflake said:

apparently my brain isn't able to produce an imagination of a sensation that it doesn't know how feels...

• 3 weeks later...

Both dreams of my sex dreams were very vivid like I was in a movie. The first one resulted in orgasm, 

Spoiler

the second one ended when I couldn't enter my partner due to the position we were in...

• 2 weeks later...

For me the dreams are so much better than the real thing. Granted my experiences have ranged from "huh...that wasn't too shabby" to "alright. lets ride out this here panic attack".

Personally the act of sex is very take it or leave it leaning towards leave it.

Sex dreams were largely more fun and more pleasurable by almost all metrics for me.

DuranDuranfan

One of the sex dreams I remember involved me and Billy Cranston. We were doing sexual touching and before it could progress further, I woke up. I was so disappointed because the sensations felt very real. The feel of his lips, his skin, body heat, hoo boy just thinking about this is getting me needing a cold shower.....

Archived