Asexual Anecdotes

theparkermathews

theparkermathews

"A man will sleep with any woman he finds attractive no matter how he feels about her"-Scrubs

I love how all of these tv shows seem to glorify sex. It just makes me feel a little more awkward about my asexuality. There are only 2 shows I can think of that have even the slightest asexual representation (Bojack Horseman and Sex Education)

I blame the that and receiving condoms as to why I'm not fully accepting myself as Asexual.   

Thinking about it:

Heard a lot sexual jokes when I was in military, or off color comments, when around just males or in the barracks.

Never understood why people but so much focus on sex? Or why do people have to sexualize so many things?

theparkermathews
5 minutes ago, Chef Remy said:

Thinking about it:

Heard a lot sexual jokes when I was in military, or off color comments, when around just males or in the barracks.

Never understood why people but so much focus on sex? Or why do people have to sexualize so many things?

I don't get it either man. It's a twisted thought process

hypnopompic
58 minutes ago, Chef Remy said:

Never understood why people but so much focus on sex?

Well for allosexuals, wanting to have sex is the same as needing sleep or food, right? It's just an urge that needs to be satisfied. So when an allosexual says something about wishing to get laid at the next party, to us it would be the equivalent of saying that we are tired and look forward to gettig a good night's sleep. TV shows, books, songs or society in general is always focused on human needs because this is (usually) something everyone can relate to or even get behind. So constantly mentioning sex just seems strange to asexuals because we don't have to deal with that urge. But you wouldn't find it strange if a friend of yours told you after going on a hike for several hours  "Man, I'm starving, I cannot wait to get home and eat some pasta" because you can relate to that. Sex is the same, just not for us.

everywhere and nowhere

For me all that male sex talk is a kind of ritual, a self-perpetuating mechanism. Very few men truly think about sex so much, but the ritual sex talk is meant to upkeep the image of virility. There is a Polish saying which wonderfully conveys this sense that male sex talk isn't about actually being so interested in having sex, but rather that talking is its true purpose: "erotoman gawędziarz", or "storyteller sex maniac". It is, of course, meant to suggest that some guy's tales about his sexual pursuits are heavily fictionalised, but it also perfectly describes the whole meaning of male sex talk.

Have you perhaps heard the urban legend that "an average man thinks about sex every seven seconds"? Which is nonsense, but exactly what both the actual ritual of male sex talk and "everyone's" common knowledge about it do is to fuel such myths.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 9:29 AM, hypnopompic said:

Well for allosexuals, wanting to have sex is the same as needing sleep or food, right? It's just an urge that needs to be satisfied. So when an allosexual says something about wishing to get laid at the next party, to us it would be the equivalent of saying that we are tired and look forward to gettig a good night's sleep.

hypnopompic
4 hours ago, cAROlyn said:

Could you provide more information so that I know what you mean?

Archived