Physical (not in a sexual way) Attraction

Hi, I'm new here. I'm not exactly fully sure about my spectrum. My type of attraction to people (I'm panromantic) is like this: I get attracted to their physical attribute, like their faces, their body but not really in a sexual way. I look at a body of a well fit person and get attracted in a very flustered way but not exactly aroused by it. Are there others here that felt the same way about a person's physical attribute? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Noir62005
Title doesn't feel right

Attraction to a person's appearance? That's aesthetic attraction. Like looking at a painting. 

Though not everyone gets aroused by looking at people. Not being turned on by someone's appearance isn't really sexual attraction. 

• Like 3

I see people as people not their sex or gender.

Yes, you can aesthetic attraction to someone. But not be sexual attracted. The same way people like a painting or the architecture of building.

You can appreciate a persons shape and body.

I dont feel sexual attraction based on how a person looks, it is based on personality and connection. So, not all sexuals feel that. 

But, aesthetic attraction (liking how someone looks) is common enough among aces. 

I agree with the other comments: you might be feeling aesthetic attraction

I experience it, too! I can look at someone and appreciate their body/face/etc., but it’s not in a sexual way, I just think they look gorgeous!! I even get, like what you said, flustered in a strange way (but not sexually). Actually, my first “crush” was a girl who (now that I’m thinking about it) I was only attracted to aesthetically. Whenever she talked to me, I’d get flustered and smile at her for no reason.

Hope this helps! 🍰

For a very long time I think I mistook "aesthetic attraction"* for physical attraction, and I regret not having learned about these things sooner, I guess it would have saved me a lot of confusion.

I'm aware that each and every individual experiences attraction in a unique way, but for me personally, those things aren't to be confused: appreciating someone's looks or face vs. being drawn to them physically. It could be different for you, of course, especially since you mentioned that you get attracted in a flustered way.

*I have my issues with this concept, but that's a different story.

23 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

For a very long time I think I mistook "aesthetic attraction"* for physical attraction, and I regret not having learned about these things sooner, I guess it would have saved me a lot of confusion.

I'm aware that each and every individual experiences attraction in a unique way, but for me personally, those things aren't to be confused: appreciating someone's looks or face vs. being drawn to them physically. It could be different for you, of course, especially since you mentioned that you get attracted in a flustered way.

*I have my issues with this concept, but that's a different story.

Yep! Me too. I convinced myself that I wasn’t bi because of this; I usually find guys more aesthetically attractive, so I got my wires very crossed in a lot of ways. 

But it now I have a crush that I find to be really gorgeous at certain times, and now I think I know what’s going on. I think. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Serran said:

I dont feel sexual attraction based on how a person looks, it is based on personality and connection. So, not all sexuals feel that. 

But, aesthetic attraction (liking how someone looks) is common enough among aces. 

Like this article about how beauty is more about character, rather then looks....And I agree personality is more important to me then looks.

Rhyn Corinn

Definitely. I've only had one crush and just seeing her face, even to this day, makes me get flustered. Especially when she smiles. And nothing about these feelings are, or ever have been, sexual in any way. I am actually less aroused when I think about or see her, which is probably why I will forever be confused by the conflation of sex and romance.

I will also note that in my experience, aesthetic attraction by itself doesn't usually cause those kinds of feelings. It may be different for others, but for me, I would consider it romantic attraction and not just aesthetic if it made me feel flustered like that. Everyone experiences attraction differently, though.

• Like 1