The right time to come out

Oof ... as early as possible, I guess. If it were the other way round, you'd want to know what you were dealing with too, right?

As to how ... depends on the situation. I've been very blunt about it in the past, once or twice it kind of came up in conversation after the person and I had already expressed mutual interest (or the person had expressed an interest in me and I was covering my arse, in a way - didn't want him to expect stuff that wasn't going to happen). This time around I'm thinking of using a book to broach the subject, because the situation is way different - the person in question may or may not have an inkling I'm interested in her, but I am way not sure how she feels about that and I want to be 100% certain she knows that whatever feelings I may express towards her in the future I'm not under any circumstances trying to get into her pants.

So ... I guess there's no blueprint to go by, those are just my experiences. Maybe there's a way to bring it up in conversation, talking about a movie, or advertising, society being way sexualized and you not being into that at all because ace? Find whatever works and whatever you feel comfortable with and take it from there.

Guest xAveryx

I just casually mention it when the topic is on sex / relationships. I feel like as long as you yourself don't act like it is a big deal, others treat it like it is one either :)

Janus the Fox

Can be as early as soon as the relationship becomes more serious or intimate.  It's up to you when that time it's best.