The Odd One? I don't know if I am or not.

PohBoiSlim

So I guess my case is kinda odd because even reading up about asexuality didnt really clarify this for me.

I don't want to be in a relationship and I never have but I dont mind sex. Ive had sex and its fine and I can go solo and its also fine. 

Like, I feel sexual urges and sometimes I want a person and sometimes I don't. Im not attracted to just one gender or any gender, I'm just looking for what I need to get off at the time. 

I went through periods that I thought I was gay, I thought I was bi, I thought I was pansexual and then I thought is was asexual but none of it seems to fit.

The only way I can seem to describe myself is "aromantic sexual". Meaning I do want sex or have sexual urges occasionally (though not nearly as often as others) but I do not want any romantic relationship. 

I dont know if thats a thing or if that puts me in that grey area I read about but that's as close as I can get to describing my sexuality. I'm 30 years old and it can be kind of hard to try to explain to family and friends why I've never been in a relationship and why I dont want one.

I'm just not interested in a romantic relationship. Does that qualify me for the club?

1 hour ago, PohBoiSlim said:

The only way I can seem to describe myself is "aromantic sexual". Meaning I do want sex or have sexual urges occasionally (though not nearly as often as others) but I do not want any romantic relationship. 

Totally a thing! Not super common, but not everyone has their orientations align perfectly. 

We're all weird people so we love to talk about how everyone is different but also the same. Welcome to the club of being odd!

I forgot to include the cake to welcome you! Have some cupcakes that make a perfect cake when pushed together like that. : )

Image result for cupcake cake

Hello, welcome to AVEN! 🍰

It is absolutely possible to be aromantic and sexual! It's generally referred to as being alloaro, or allosexual aromantic, 
I recommend you look up some aromantic resources and also look through https://www.arocalypse.com/ where you may have more luck finding others who can relate to your experiences. 

You may also want to look up the term "graysexual", meaning someone that does feel sexual attraction to some extent although less often than most others. If you don't feel sexual attraction "sex-favourable asexual" is another possible term you might feel suits you. 

You dont have to want a relationship or want sex 24/7 to be sexual. My brother used to simply date strippers with the rule "you cant get emotionally involved, once you do, this is over - it is just sex". 

It isnt considered "normal" (but neither is any minority), but many lifelong bachelors are like that. They just need a person to sate their needs occasionally and no relationship please. 

A lot of the drive to sex is for the intimate connection with someone. The loving pair bond. If you take that out, it makes sense to have a lower drive towards partnered. 

But. What label you decide is up to you. Keep browsing around and see what feels right. :)

Archived