I feel “sexual” only to a certain point and then theres a wall.

Every since I entered my teenage years my friends always talked about sex and things they have done, and I was there and was not interested in what they where saying or interested in having sex to be fare, but I realized that I enjoy cuddling and maybe just maybe kissing if its with someone I really like, I feel good with them, the people that I have a “crush” on etc, but when it comes to the sex part, I simply dont want to. does anyone feel the same way, why is cuddling and kissing with a partner ok but the sex part isnt ok for me. 

• Like 1
Blizzard Avis

While not the case with me, to my knowledge there is a lot of asexuals who are ok with or love kissing and cuddling. Neither of those two actions are inherently sexual after all.

You could be ace, but there could be other reasons for that, and only you can decide for yourself 😊

• Like 1
Spent3YearsTyping

Hey Acrylic, I’m the same way. Just a few years into teen hood and all my friends have started ‘the talk’ too. I have a friend who I used to have what is known as a ‘squish’ on. I wanted to cuddle her and spend more time around her. This feeling wore off but before I ever considered that I may be asexual I thought that that was what people called a crush. I’m still not sure by what sexual people experience when they have a crush. Since then I found out about asexuality and have related to the orientation immensely and so have taken it up. Wanting to cuddle and kiss are for me romantic things to do, not sexual and so if you feel as though you are asexual, then take it on board. If you change your mind later and think that you’re gray-a or heterosexual then that’s fine. (A)sexuality is fluid.

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

I prefer the company with a loved one than anything else to me.  I don’t mind romance or sex with the current partner, it isn’t something I actively have an attraction for, even after 3 years being together.

I've been like you my whole life @Acrylic101, I'm 37 so it's been awhile lol

Oh, and I don't know "why is cuddling and kissing with a partner ok but the sex part isnt ok for me." And I think the official explanations fail to explain it!

theparkermathews

I get what you're saying and I'm the same way. I love kissing and cuddling but when things get a little hot and heavy and sex begins to come up as a conversation topic, that's when I feel uncomfortable and everything shuts down for me.

• Like 1
AlexTheGrey
Just now, theparkermathews said:

I get what you're saying and I'm the same way. I love kissing and cuddling but when things get a little hot and heavy and sex begins to come up as a conversation topic, that's when I feel uncomfortable and everything shuts down for me.

Same here. I either shut down or walk away.

• Like 1