COVID-19 Need to Process This, Nursing Student

CrazyCatLover

CrazyCatLover

I really need to talk about this. Warnings: this is a pessimistic take on the whole thing.

I graduate from nursing school in May. Earlier this week, clinical sites (hospitals) closed to students due to the pandemic. Fortunately, I'd completed enough of my clinical requirements that the rest could be met by continuing education modules which I've now done. Since we had clinicals on Monday, my professor decided we can meet then as well as Thursdays (our lecture class) and finish and thus graduate three weeks early. 

I do get their point. We need as many nurses in the field as possible right now, and graduating nurses early enables us to take our boards sooner and get into the field asap. And yet, this is complicated stuff. It takes awhile to integrate. Most of us are CNAs which means we've got work begging us for more hours right now. 

I know I'll make it. But I also know that this year is going to be especially hard. 

I totally get what your experiencing, I'm an EMT and the National Registry postponed our recertifications till June and all in person continuing education was cancelled so I had to get all my hours  through online modules too. My buddy is going through Advanced and he doesnt know he will get his clinical time. If you ever wanna chat or vent just PM me.

Also mad respect, nursing doesnt get the credit and respect it desserves. CNAs and RNs do. So... so much work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tagging @Timeless

Archived