Worst Movies 2020

Im back......for 2020

so lets start naming and shaming again cause at this rate else can we really do thanks to that bitch corona. 

RULES! NO ARGUING IF IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE! ONLY HOW YOU DISLIKE IT A LITTLE LESS OR MORE! NO GOING "BUT IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE" TAKE THAT CRAP ELSEWHERE!

also I am giving leeway to movies from November/December 2019 cause I know a lot of us only saw them this year so those are allowed as well.

I shall start with.. Escape from Pretoria... Daniel Radcliff I admire your acting but what the fuck. Can nobody get a South African accent?! It sounds more Australia. I could not get into ten minutes because it sounded so bad and not just one actor but all of them. Can people like not touch an accent they cant get cause damn.

The only actor I know who does one well is Rebel Wilson so either take lessons or give up cause damn my poor ears. A whole movie ruined cause the accent sounded ridiculous. 

Well, not a movie, but I tried watching Love is Blind because everyone at work was freaking out about it. I was really curious as to why they liked it so much. I didn't expect a masterpiece, mind you... though I don't watch reality tv, so was not accustomed to what to expect. My expectation was that maybe it was going to be a self-aware of its own ridiculousness type game show (based on my assessment of how stupid the premise was, and yet everyone liked it) but I was very wrong.

You can make a dumb show fun and funny if it acknowledges its own stupidity and makes fun of itself. But this show expects its audience to actually get invested in its preposterously shallow sham reality. Even more insulting, is that the show claims the point of it all is to overcome shallowness. It makes this claim with ZERO sense of irony. I could barely make it through the first episode. I finished it just to FINISH, so if I talked about it with someone else I could at least critique it. (Everyone was talking about it EVERY DAY at work.)

I don't get why people like this!!!! It's not even "good because it's bad"<--- I'm really INTO "good because its bad" lol

The Presidency of Donald Trump. The only thing positive about it was covid-19.

I was honestly disappointed for Birds of Prey.

My standards were low, but IMO it wasn’t that well executed. The plot line, whilst simple enough to follow, although it lacked the usual level of immersion these sorts of movies have. The “villain” was just annoying and had no actual presence to him, and honestly I forgot who he was for half the movie. The characters were introduced in really disappointing ways and lacked a sense of genuine development that I felt the film was trying (but failing) to portray.  

For example Canary? I think it’s Canary... anyway, the lady with the singing voice had an interesting backstory that could have its own movie if intrigue was handled properly, she has an unusual skill set, and engaging personal connections within her local community. They could have a movie based on her personal development, and getting over her past by connecting with the community around her, providing a sense of community support and working together in times of crisis that would be really appreciated right about now. But they handled her character poorly, threw the backstory in there as an afterthought, and made her entire movie development lacklustre at best. 

@Lichley  I enjoyed the movie, I liked their style but I would have preferred a series rather and get to know our characters more instead of these quick fixes. Like a build up. 

That villain was honestly confusing, I wasnt sure what his intention was and it made his character seem more lost then anything. 

@GlamRocker I have heard so much about that 😂 I eventually watched the trailer and I was like who comes up with this crap, how bored are they?

Oh no @Lichley! I really want to see Birds of Prey because I LOVE Margot Robbie! I figured it wasn't going to be great, but I was hoping it had SOMETHING worth seeing in it!

1 hour ago, GlamRocker said:

Oh no @Lichley! I really want to see Birds of Prey because I LOVE Margot Robbie! I figured it wasn't going to be great, but I was hoping it had SOMETHING worth seeing in it!

I think the actresses really saved the movie, they were amazing. 

11 hours ago, GlamRocker said:

It is worth seeing, but the actresses definitely carried the movie. The story being told isn’t the best, but the actresses really come through to get you actually engaged.

I didnt like Onward. It felt like they took Bright and wanted to make it a kids movie... I preferred Spies in Disguise over this....

This was just painful to watch, no joy at all. 

• 1 month later...

Scoob! 2020 (this will contain SPOILERS) and a hella rant. I didnt wanna put this on the list but remembering it just made me.

Now Scooby-Doo was my childhood, had a teddy and I tried to watch as much as I could, loved the movies and series. Hell Scooby-Doo got me into Simple Plan when they did an episode with them. I noticed over the years the new Scooby-Doo wasnt really the same but I realize things grow and all.

Let me start with Story.

Now I need to re-watch Scoob! cause I dont know if I blocked it out or not but I dont think I heard one iconic catch phrase. Maybe I didnt realize but I mainly know when they going to say it so Im kinda feeling out of my skin right now. 

Now when the movie started they did the opening of the older series and I thought wow this is kinda cute and I cant wait but as time went on... I heard things like toxic masculinity and one point Shaggy says "Why don you drop the F bomb?" and Bryan the Blue Falcon is like "Lets keep it pg-13" and in no way did it help they named the villain Dick....I think they made quite a few Dick jokes that just made me uneasy. Like it really was not funny and him referring to the gang as "Millennials" look I know Scooby-Doo moves with the times but this was just horrid to hear especially if you know how old Scooby-Doo is. 1969 so 51 years old this year. 

I liked the Simon Cowell was in it, it made me think of other times when we had Kiss and Simple Plan in it. It was fun but the rest....

And lets not forget Blue Falcon... a hero, an actual Superhero....like Warner Brothers aint there enough of that. I didnt realize how I was sick and tired of superheroes until now, they are becoming big again which is great but even Scooby-Doo now? I mean I know its not odd to have such things in Scooby-Doo but putting Scooby in spandex.....? I missed the smaller mysteries and saving towns or cities or something. 

I cant say much for the voice actors as I dont feel like there was a lot of time with Fred, Daphne or Velam, they were in it but it total it felt like 10 minutes.

I do admit I loved the scene where Fred stands up for Shaggy at the beach against Blue Falcon. Was there ever a mention of Blue Falcon that I have missed or what? cause I honestly dont remember him so I had no connection and was like "plots now a days."

Now while I sob about that let me talk about the animation.

OW my eyes say. It was painful to watch at first cause they tried to use the moves that is used in the 2D and it just looked weird, the sounds they used from the old 2D didnt help either. I got used to it after awhile but then I realized I felt like I was watching Spies in Disguise which I loved but I already had watched it. 

I reallly miss 2D and think it would have done a lot better in 2D cause Im really getting sick of either 3D or live actions. If ya cant come up with something new then why bother?!

I wasnt impressed by the trailer but I thought 'Hey its Scooby." I didnt realize I was walking into an eye sore woke film again. 

6 hours ago, DarkGloomSquid said:

Was there ever a mention of Blue Falcon that I have missed or what? cause I honestly dont remember him so I had no connection and was like "plots now a days."

Blue Falcon and Dynomutt have had a long association with Scooby-Doo & Co. They were produced by Hanna-Barbera at the time when I was a kid (70s & 80s), and lived in the same comic "universe" as Batman & Robin, etc. https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Everyone_Hyde!

Gotta agree though. The Scooby gang are not Millennials. They're Boomers written for Gen-X kids and have adapted over the years to the next generations including Millennials (my niece, who's a Gen-Z, loves Scooby-Doo).

12 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

Blue Falcon and Dynomutt have had a long association with Scooby-Doo & Co. They were produced by Hanna-Barbera at the time when I was a kid (70s & 80s), and lived in the same comic "universe" as Batman & Robin, etc. https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Everyone_Hyde!

I must have just been unlucky to never see them then.

12 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

Gotta agree though. The Scooby gang are not Millennials. They're Boomers written for Gen-X kids and have adapted over the years to the next generations including Millennials (my niece, who's a Gen-Z, loves Scooby-Doo).

I understand the adaptions cause time changes and so does tech and all but when he refereed to them as Millennials it was just I dont know it felt like it threw all the older versions I know under the rug. It was an unnecessary comment in my opinion. 

Archived