Exercising while stuck inside

Skittles87

20 hours ago, Saphoune said:

Put some catchy music on. Then start...

Disinfect doors, door frames, switches. Clean all windows. Clean the cupboards. Remove dust up the walls and lamps: when working on high places, straighten your core and watch your balance. Then scrub the tiles. These are great muscle building for arms and shoulders. There are some youtube 'housework fitness" routines about with some good ideas but also very unsafe or unpractical moves. Keep your back straight, be careful, warm up and stretch.

Pros: You may feel better at home afterwards and some of these exercices are effective against the virus.

Cons: You may feel physically broken for a few days

The Karate Kid method. Wax on, wax off. :P 

I have a fitbit so I can track my steps. So I've been walking around and around inside my house while listening to podcasts and can manage 12,000 or more steps every day that way. I did try going out to walk around a local nature park. It wasn't crowded at the time, but some people still weren't keeping their distance, so I decided to not go there for now.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:18 AM, Jarle said:

There's a website which is my go-to for workouts at home, don't ask me how to pronounce it but it's called Darebee

You can search their database for a workout based on what equipment you have, what your focus is, what body part you'd like to target, and difficulty - and I don't think I've done the same routine twice. There are also challenges that go for weeks or months!

I had a go at a Darebee workout today. I really like the website - everything is nice and simple, and it looks like there's a lot of choice. 😊

5 hours ago, Skittles87 said:

I really like the website - everything is nice and simple, and it looks like there's a lot of choice. 😊

I've been using them for years and I haven't been bored yet! Never completed any of their challenges either, but maybe I'll give it a go now that we're all stuck at home. 

Luftschlosseule

And don't forget to vacuum under your furniture - that will, of course, have to be moved.

Cleaning under my bed was both badly needed and sweat inducing as I had to play some live tetris to get down there.

Archived