Gamers?

KennyXOXO

Janus the Fox

A big gamer myself since 1997 :P

I've played a wide range of types of games from the typical shooters, grand strategies, RPG's, futuristic and simulation racing games to Puzzle games, platformers or the odd Rogue-like from time to time.  Currently between Wolfenstein New Blood, F12018, Mass Effect Andromeda, Persona 5 and South Park: The fractured but Whole.

7 hours ago, Carson:) said:

That's cool, I'm trying to breed a Shiny Galarian Meowth, but I don't have a shiny charm. No luck yet.

You know it's easier to get a shiny through chaining, that right?

• 2 weeks later...

Shantae, Half Genie Hero. 😎

I've played different games on PC and PS but there're some really close to my heart that I can play all the time and don't get tired of it: "Zeus: Master of Olympus" (and "Poseidon: Master of Atlantis"), "Civilization IV" and "Civilization IV. Colonization", also I really miss playing "Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban" and "Shrek 2" on my PS2. All of these games were my childhood. Also I liked playing "Caesar 3", "Pharaoh", "Crash Team Racing" and "Farm Frenzy" 😂 And "The Sims 3" (now it's seems a bit boring for some reason). Oh, and also I miss my Brick Game which is broken ☹️ Maybe I'll try to fix it after quarantine (I don't have it with me now).

Also I feel quite nostalgic about "The Witcher" although I just watched my father play 😅 So I want to play it by myself now (after reading a book probably).

And in a last few years I found another games that also became my favourite: "Beyond: Two Souls" (my favourite interactive film of all time), "Detroit Become Human", "Life is Strange", "InFamous: Second Son", "Dead Realm" and "Machinarium". And maybe "Journey" and "Northgard" as well. Also I really liked playing "Garry's mod" and "Mortal Kombat" with my friends.

Also I tried playing "Spiderman" (PS4) and I have a feeling I'm gonna add it to the list 😁

Currently playing "Heavy Rain", "Prey" and trying out "Imperator Rome".

rainbowocollie

I have a 3DS, PS4, PS Vita, and I used to have an XBOX360 before my house got struck by lightning and fried it.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:55 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

I prefer more retro and less mainstream games. I mean: when something is popular, it typically pushes me away. I love retro pixel graphics, less realistic, more atmospheric...

A few games I like a lot:

The "Broken Sword" series (except parts 3 and 4 because they are 3D, and very ugly 3D on top of that :()

861132-broken-sword-the-smoking-mirror-w

"Legend of Kyrandia" (1 and 2, part 3 is 3D too :()

943811-the-legend-of-kyrandia-hand-of-fa

"Quest for Glory" series

574699-quest-for-glory-ii-trial-by-fire-

"Heroine's Quest: the Herald of Ragnarok" (quite like a female version of "Quest for Glory" :))

875003-heroine-s-quest-the-herald-of-rag

The Dizzy series

559524-the-fantastic-adventures-of-dizzy

"Foxtail" (I'm playing the Ukrainian version, but it's also available in other language versions, including English)

935566-foxtail-windows-screenshot-corsak

Children's games by Humongous Entertainment

632580-pajama-sam-no-need-to-hide-when-i

Woooooooow i havent seen Pijama Sam in FOREVER lol!!

everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, Hecturdd said:

Woooooooow i havent seen Pijama Sam in FOREVER lol!!

A little request for you and everyone else: if anyone writes a large post, particularly with several pictures - please, don't quote the whole. There's just no need and it's harder to view - more scrolling. I think most people would appreciate it.

Back to the topic... As I wrote, I enjoy children's games. I like them despite being a childless by choice, never-wanted-to-be-a-parent adult woman. In fact, I have discovered lots of children's texts of culture when already older. Of course, I already read children's books - and books for oldr readers too - as a child, but I didn't play video games until being an "older child". Computers weren't easily available in communist Poland, I first heard about computers when I was seven years old and my parents bought our first computer when I was about ten, already in free Poland.

As for Humongous Entertainment particularly, I first played two of them - "Putt-Putt Joins the Parade" and "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon" at my friend's place, at the age of some 12 or 13. But I discovered the rest of the series and other Humonous Entertainment games, including the Pajama Sam series, when I was already well above 20 years old. It's a good thing that I discovered ScummVM. DOSBox is great, but it's not for everything. ScummVM is - I'm saying this as a laywoman nevertheless - an engine emulator, not a system emulator. It can run both DOS and (early) Windows games for SCUMM and similar game engines, even without exe files.

Maybe a few more Pajama Sam screenshots? :)

886697-pajama-sam-no-need-to-hide-when-i

("Pajama Sam 1: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside")

632574-pajama-sam-2-thunder-and-lightnin

("Pajama Sam 2: "Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening")

18396-pajama-sam-3-you-are-what-you-eat-

("Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet")

292905-pajama-sam-games-to-play-on-any-d

(From the spin-off "Games to Play on Any Day" - not an adventure game, but a collection of small puzzle games. Really hard to get, by the way.)

237919-pajama-sam-life-is-rough-when-you

("Pajama Sam 4: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff". Beautiful, but still has the feeling of "something's missing" - and, unfortunately, it's one of two Humongous Entertainment games not written for the SCUMM engine, made after the company was taken over by Atari. It's... noticeable - when I was still using only a laptop, this game really made it overheat. SCUMM games didn't.)

Knight of Cydonia

I play mostly single-player RPGs: the Baldur's Gate series, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, Deus Ex series, KotOR, and Jade Empire. Multi-player RPG wise, I'm into Guild Wars 2.

I also like FPS, namely Doom and Bioshock.

Outside of those genres, I've spent a lot of time in Dota 2 and Civilization V.

1 minute ago, Knight of Cydonia said:

I play mostly single-player RPGs: the Baldur's Gate series, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, Deus Ex series, KotOR, and Jade Empire. Multi-player RPG wise, I'm into Guild Wars 2.

I also like FPS, namely Doom and Bioshock.

Outside of those genres, I've spent a lot of time in Dota 2 and Civilization V.

I'm almost exactly the same. I spend most of my time in RPGs, though I spent a lot of time in MMORPGs, but I also enjoy games liek Bioshock. I like the stories more than anything else, and I really miss games like Mass Effect. The last games I honestly enjoyed were Pillars of Eternity 2 and The Outer Worlds, but I'm looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. I don't get off on the gameplay as much as I do the characters, story, and strategy. FPS games are kinda bleh.

I also spent a lot of time in Civ, usually watching something. During football season I love playing Civ while watching a game. It is a great waste of time, but I still prefer a RPG.

Anthracite_Impreza

I would like to grumble about DLC farming. You know, when a game is deliberately under-stocked and you have to pay ludicrous amounts to get shit that should've been in the base game. It's bad enough paying £30-£40 for a game then having to pay £5-£10 for a small amount of extra shit; I tend to wait while they're all on sale and multi-buy, but it still takes the piss.

Knight of Cydonia
27 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I would like to grumble about DLC farming. You know, when a game is deliberately under-stocked and you have to pay ludicrous amounts to get shit that should've been in the base game. It's bad enough paying £30-£40 for a game then having to pay £5-£10 for a small amount of extra shit; I tend to wait while they're all on sale and multi-buy, but it still takes the piss.

Absolutely! Also microtransactions and loot boxes - sorry, "surprise mechanics". 😠

1 hour ago, Knight of Cydonia said:

Absolutely! Also microtransactions and loot boxes - sorry, "surprise mechanics". 😠

But... they are very ethical and fun! Hahahaahhahahahahahahahaha. 

If everyone is calling your product unethical, its probably unethical modern triple A game devs. Take a note out of CDPRs book and treat your customers right.

I'm normally mostly a tabletop gamer, but I recently tried Subnautica, since I've been stuck at home, and I'm really enjoying it. 

Archived