We are in Need of More Answering Team Volunteers!

kelico

We are looking for volunteers to join our Question and Answer email team! 

We get a wide range of emails on Asexuality, including Demisexuality and Graysexuality, Aromanticism and everything in between. When people email us, they are looking for support and advice. We expect team members to be respectful, understanding, supportive and trustworthy. You must have an AVEN account, as the Q&A email team functions within their own forum, and personal information must not be shared elsewhere. (This is very important!) We will give instructions on how things work, and you are free to ask as many questions as you need. 

You don't need to have any prior experience, and this is a volunteer position, not a paid position. It's flexible, so it can be worked around school, jobs, etc., but you must be able to give some time and focus and be able to work by yourself, as well as in a team, be able to link to any resources, and be able to use a translator if needed.

Let us know here if you're interested! Thanks! 

(Or PM anyone on the Project Team--people in pink--or @OptimisticPessimist)

1 hour ago, kelico said:

this

i’m relatively new to the community and AVEN (i officially just got my own account!), but i would be interested in finding out more about helping, as i was helped by so many when i was figuring it all out :)

Definitely interested! 

Ha I just made my account a couple of days ago (despite browsing this site for a while), and have lots of free time now that I'm stuck at home.

How much time would you expect someone to have to put in to this?

Do you have certain hours that you need volunteers to be available?

I've lurked for a year or so and this has spurred me to create an account.  I discovered the term asexual about 2yrs ago, I'm 50+ and I'd really like to help to support other people who like me, may have discovered after a life of not feeling like we fitted in.

ChangelingMx

I would be happy to volunteer. I spend my time on Discord servers and other private groups for Aces, so don't have an account here, but that can be rectified.

Thank you so much for all the interest, everyone!! We'll get back to you all soon. : ) 

6 hours ago, BronFTW said:

How much time would you expect someone to have to put in to this?

Do you have certain hours that you need volunteers to be available?

Not too much time, honestly. It depends how many emails there are at the time, and no, there aren't certain hours. It's just when you are free. : ) 

Thanks for your interest, everyone! To have so many people put up their hands is a good problem to have :)

We're working out the specifics behind the scenes, so bear with us. In the meantime, have a think about what areas you're interested in answering - having a diverse team means we can answer a wide range of queries and help out a broad crowd of people. Once we know exactly what we're after I'll post here to let you all know what to do next. 

So here's where we're at:

We're looking for an additional three or four people to join the Question and Answer email team! PM myself and @OptimisticPessimist if you're interested, telling us a bit about yourself including what areas you'd be confident answering questions in. Again we're looking for a diverse team of folk :)

Obviously you'll need an AVEN account, but we're interested in hearing from newbies just as much as veteran members. Most of our emails are in English, but if you have another language up your sleeve that'd be awesome. We're looking for people who are available for an hour or so weekly to ensure that we're able to reply to emails promptly and with good substance. 

If you have any questions feel free to include them in the PM or post them here!

Constellace
On 3/18/2020 at 8:32 PM, kelico said:

We are looking for volunteers to join our Question and Answer email team! 

We get a wide range of emails on Asexuality, including Demisexuality and Graysexuality, Aromanticism and everything in between. When people email us, they are looking for support and advice. We expect team members to be respectful, understanding, supportive and trustworthy. You must have an AVEN account, as the Q&A email team functions within their own forum, and personal information must not be shared elsewhere. (This is very important!) We will give instructions on how things work, and you are free to ask as many questions as you need. 

You don't need to have any prior experience, and this is a volunteer position, not a paid position. It's flexible, so it can be worked around school, jobs, etc., but you must be able to give some time and focus and be able to work by yourself, as well as in a team, be able to link to any resources, and be able to use a translator if needed.

Let us know here if you're interested! Thanks! 

(Or PM anyone on the Project Team--people in pink--or @OptimisticPessimist)

Interested!

Thanks to everyone who've expressed interest, we've selected a few people who we think will be a good fit and will be bringing them on board shortly.

If you haven't heard anything from us and are still interested in volunteering, I have no doubt that the opportunity to do so will arise again in the future. Any future calls for team members will either come from this forum or the announcements one, so keep an eye out!

Archived