What's your personality type? (MBTI)

naakka

What's your personality type (the MBTI)?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. According to The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator, what's your personality type?

• INTJ "analysts, architect"
    • INTP "analysts, logician"
    • ENTJ "analysts, commander"
    • ENTP "analysts, debater"
    • INFJ "diplomats, advocate"
    • INFP "diplomats, mediator"
    • ENFJ "diplomats, protagonist"
    • ENFP "diplomats, campaigner"
    • ISTJ "sentinels, logistician"
    • ISFJ "sentinels, defender"
    • ESTJ "sentinels, executive"
    • ESFJ "sentinels, consul"
    • ISTP "explorers, virtuoso"
    • ISFP "explorers, adventurer"
    • ESTP "explorers, entrepreneur"
    • ESFP "explorers, entertainer"

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Whether someone is fun or cool doesn't have anything to do with whether they are extroverted or introverted, and is entirely subjective.

Yea that's true! Though I think this test doesn't claim otherwise? Rather being I/E might tells how soon one opens up to a new person, if even that.

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I DON'T ACCEPT THE IDEA THAT "THINKING" AND "FEELING" ARE OPPOSITES. For me there are no unintellectual feelings and no unemotional thoughts.

Yea, I think no person completely lacks emotions or thinking. But somehow I get this separation. I mean, for example I tend to base my arguments more on logic (facts, whats most likely)  and my mum more on emotions (how one feels in the situation). Maybe it's not so clear to everyone, someone could be more in-between? I also think "logical person" isn't more intelligent than "emotional person" or vice verse, it's just different outlook/motivation on life :)

INTP-T, but my N ant T are like 49-51% so not very definite there. It's changed since the last time I took this test. 

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

INFJ-T. Introvert-Intuition-Feeling-Judging-Turbulent.

No surprise there. It hasn't changed since I first took the quiz in high school. 

On 3/20/2020 at 2:08 AM, naakka said:

Yea that's true! Though I think this test doesn't claim otherwise?

The person who posted before me has a sister who thinks that, and I'm just irritated with how people are about introverted and/or quiet people.

HonoraryJedi

I usually get INTJ on these. Generally I get very clear results in introverted and judging. Definitely introvert, and definitely a planner. The other two though, they tend to weigh in the middle. I did get 'feeling' instead of 'thinking' this time. None of them ever fit perfectly though. By nature, dividing all humans into 16 personality types will always cut some edges. And yeah, I have also heard that these are not really useful. Oh yeah, and I also get like a 75% turbulent :P

• 1 month later...

Hi, as someone who was AGGRESSIVELY into mbti for a number of years, I can tell you that the 16personalities quiz is one of the least accurate tests in the mbti community and all of us hate it. It is stereotypical and not good and I want it to burn in hell. consider using http://keys2cognition.com/explore.htm for a more accurate test (yeah, it doesn't look as pretty, but I think Briggs and Briggs-Myers would still approve of it more)

Marimbasticks

Wow look at all my INFJ pals out there! I've only ever met one other in real life.

• 4 weeks later...
NorthCircleTraveller

Have you looked into Objective Personality typing method? You can find detailed videos on YouTube. It's based on Carl Jung's work, uses similar names for Myers-Briggs types, however breaks them down more scientifically. It's not perfect, but for me sounds reliable enough to get interesting.

Please say you did, cause I want to discuss haha!

2 minutes ago, NorthCircleTraveller said:

Have you looked into Objective Personality typing method? You can find detailed videos on YouTube. It's based on Carl Jung's work, uses similar names for Myers-Briggs types, however breaks them down more scientifically. It's not perfect, but for me sounds reliable enough to get interesting.

Please say you did, cause I want to discuss haha!

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I haven't 😆

• 3 weeks later...
AFlyingPiglet

I'm an INTP.  I did the proper test a number of years ago and have done other tests based around the Myers-Briggs original test too and the result always comes out the same. 

I find it interesting how many IN-- flavors there are here. Rarest personality types, yet we are co-habiting on this site.

Aquatic Paradox

I usually get INTP on these, but my Ni is more dominant than Ne. 

On 6/12/2020 at 4:42 AM, Kelwyne said:

I find it interesting how many IN-- flavors there are here. Rarest personality types, yet we are co-habiting on this site.

I noticed the same! Maybe it's more common for aces to have certain, commonly rare personality types? It's interesting to think about.

- While also keeping in mind, as someone noted, that this test is not perfect nor professional.

Aquatic Paradox
38 minutes ago, naakka said:

I noticed the same! Maybe it's more common for aces to have certain, commonly rare personality types? It's interesting to think about.

- While also keeping in mind, as someone noted, that this test is not perfect nor professional.

It's not gospel, but learning about the functions (not the letters) has made me understand myself better.

I think Asexuals are generally INs, because INs are generally the most introspective and you have to be introspective to get to the conclusion of identifying as asexual in today's world.

11 hours ago, Cassowary92 said:

I think Asexuals are generally INs, because INs are generally the most introspective and you have to be introspective to get to the conclusion of identifying as asexual in today's world.

Good point. The others might just don't have a clue they're ace 🤔

ENFJ. i've taken this test a couple times in the past and it's always been split in the middle between introversion and extroversion haha #ambivert

Am I the only one who thinks that these don't mean anything? IMO they're astrology with a different set of vocabulary.

I think I fit best with either INTP or ENTP. On that test I got INTP-T Introverted (53%) Intuitive (70%) Thinking (53%) Perceiving (76%) Turbulent (69%).

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Am I the only one who thinks that these don't mean anything? IMO they're astrology with a different set of vocabulary.

I think it's a bit nai'ive to think that anyone's personality could be completely explained by any test. And I don't think every letter you get is written in stone. But maybe it can give broad directional idea about your way of processing things? Though people have pointed out better tests exist, so this is just a game after all ;)

Aquatic Paradox
On 7/1/2020 at 10:43 PM, Homer said:

The tests are biased, because people may subconsciously choose the options they like, rather than the ones that match them. But I found that researching the cognitive functions helped me understand how my mind functions. 

Astrology is just random and fortune telling based on astrology is more random.

test-test-test

To be fair, these personality types aren't far off from horoscopes but I support anything that makes people introspective! Despite thinking it's a little unreliable, I DO think it's kinda interesting that the smallest portion of the population (INFJ) is appearing pretty commonly in this poll!

https://www.careerplanner.com/MB2/TypeInPopulation.cfm

INFJ, but close to average in most categories, and fluctuating each time I re-take the test. The INFJ description feels fitting though.

• 8 months later...

@naakka

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived