How many Coronavirus cases in your area

Ace_liv

Janus the Fox

0, it hasn’t stopped anyone from the panic or the self-conviction that they’ve had it already.

Cases of what? Crowns, Corona in the sky, flu cases, cold virus cases, cell phone cases, suitcases, briefcases, cases of toilet paper, cases of beer, cases of water, legal cases? Would kind of tick me off if they were just "joking" about cases. Or apparently some band called Kases, or some acronym. Yeah, if they don't specify, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just playing with the word cases.

Spoiler

Update:

325 confirmed cases in my state, 5 deaths

103 cases in my area [includes neighboring counties]

19 cases in my specific county.

idk how many in my city, but I do believe there are more than before.

Update 3/21:

544 confirmed cases, 5 deaths

172 in my area

29 in my county.

Update 3/22:

657 cases, 6 deaths

232 in my area

42 in my county.

Ms. Carolynne

In Utah, as of  March 24th at 1:00 PM (MT), we have 298 reported cases statewide and had our first death over the weekend. So far, not so bad. We have had 5823+ tests, I'm not sure how good that actually is, but at least we are testing.

Most of the cases are concentrated in two counties, Salt Lake and Summit. My county only has a handful of confirmed cases so far.

It did explode over the weekend though, as it doubled, however there was also a massive influx of tests too.

This is according to my state's government website specifically for Coronavirus.

hyperfractal

Over 300 cases in my state so far (North Carolina, USA), with 71 in my county, second highest total in the state. 😟

Grumpy Alien

No idea. I don’t pay attention. Not because it isn’t important but because I find it makes people panic.

AlexTheGrey

106 in my state 1 in my county 

Alejandrogynous

As of yesterday, there are 564 in my state, 167 in my county.  It's all skewed though because my county has the best hospital and therefore the most access to testing, but also our governor has been very transparent about the lack of test kits we have available overall and has guaranteed that the number of cases are significantly higher than the official numbers.

Luftschlosseule

Over 1200 in this city. I'm in the second most affected city in Germany. Yeah, great.

City of residence: 1,200+

Homertown: 34

Number of worried elephants: 0

Luftschlosseule
On 3/26/2020 at 10:42 AM, Homer said:

City of residence: 1,200+

Homertown: 34

Number of worried elephants: 0

Now I wonder if your city of residence happens to be my city of residents.
Also, greet your elephants from me.

19 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Now I wonder if your city of residence happens to be my city of residents.
Also, greet your elephants from me.

Nope, we're residencing (?) in different cities... but I'm heading to your city for work as I type this, so stay away from Luftschloßeule City central station :lol:

Luftschlosseule
7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Nope, we're residencing (?) in different cities... but I'm heading to your city for work as I type this, so stay away from Luftschloßeule City central station :lol:

Residing?
That's fun! Let me wave in your general direction.

Back on topic, haven't dared to look today.

Wohning! :D *waves with ele ears*

Residence: 1,800+

Homertown: 38

First death here; 80+, secondary health issues 

Seems there's the remains of an H1N1 flu strain around as well, so you certainly don't want the two simultaneously 

According to Wunderground (weather site, which now includes a coronavirus info box), in my county as of today, 104 confirmed cases, 3 deaths. Their source is listed as the Oregon Department of Health.

21 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

First death here; 80+, secondary health issues 

Same goes for Homertown state.

Niagara region has nine confirmed positive cases as of March 25 and one death (80+).

J. van Deijck

I live in Belgium and I'm not sure how many cases are in my local area, but the general statistics for my country are: 9134 cases in general, 353 died, 1063 recovered. Those who died were either elderly or already sick with something else, or both.

guest-member-0100356

As of NZ, 03/04/2020: 868 confirmed and probable cases. There's 17 in my area, but that in my region there's 83. (Apparently, my area and the rest of the region have two seperate DHBs.)

6,585 cases in Washington now - 2,609 in my county :(

And our stay at home order just got extended by another month - that means tons of businesses will be closed for at least 6 weeks total (and thus people out of work for that long) :( 

J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, Dreamer23 said:

And our stay at home order just got extended by another month - that means tons of businesses will be closed for at least 6 weeks total (and thus people out of work for that long) :( 

Yeah, in my country of residence they're thinking of extending the lockdown until May, too. It's a difficult time for everyone, not only for health reasons :(

J. van Deijck
On 3/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, Phoenix the II said:

# cases mean shit, if you don't put it into contrast of # of people in your country.

What it does do however, is raise angst.

True that. But it doesn't change the fact the Netherlands is quite much affected 😮 you have more deadly cases than we do 😱

J. van Deijck
On 3/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, Jelle van der Lee said:

I live in Belgium and I'm not sure how many cases are in my local area, but the general statistics for my country are: 9134 cases in general, 353 died, 1063 recovered. Those who died were either elderly or already sick with something else, or both.

Now 16,770 cases, 1,143 deaths and 2,872 recovered. I wish it could pass soon without affecting more people.

Archived