How many Coronavirus cases in your area

Ace_liv

47 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I have symptoms and so had to get tested yesterday and am on quarentine from work for now. Hopefully gettinf results today

good luck!

Phantasmal Fingers

203 in Leeds now. Mind you the population is 750,000+.

AspieAlly613

In Hartford county (different from the smaller city of Hartford) roughly 700 cases.  Extrapolating to just the city of Hartford, that would be roughly 100, all in our tiny little 3.5 mile by 5.5 mile city.

7 hours ago, Jelle van der Lee said:

True that. But it doesn't change the fact the Netherlands is quite much affected 😮 you have more deadly cases than we do 😱

No worries, both countries haven't peaked yet... It's really *really* stupid to go compare... You don't know where you're going to end up yet...

IrishArcher

A single nursing home in my area had a terrible outbreak and tested all of its residents and staff. So far, 116 have tested positive in that one building alone. Of those, 53 are asymptomatic. Until widespread testing becomes available everywhere, we probably have to assume the real numbers are much higher than reported.

In Britain we're at around 40000 cases. In the last three days the daily number of positive tests has gone from 3000 to 4500. Whether this is because of a widening of the testing programme, or a greater proportion of positive tests IDK. 

NHS estimates are that around two million, out of a population of 70 million have been infected. 

Our death figure of 3600 is only for those who've had hospital treatment, and doesn't include deaths in care homes, private houses etc 

@Arodash, it is varying from area to area. In big cities they're building "field hospitals" because they see beds running out soon. In other areas there's still spare capacity.

The biggest problem in the short-term will be staff. Most hospitals were running on sub-optimum staffing because of budget cuts, and there's no reserve when some have to self-isolate because they are symptomatic, or have tested positive, and we don't a large pool of former staff who are no longer in the industry to replace them 

I think Hampshire, the county I live in has the second highest numbers below Birmingham (our second largest city)

I am not trying to downplay this disease at all, but does anyone wish they would just get it over with and catch it? I am petrified of hospitals, so I in no way want to be sick. But we are not going to wipe this out, its not polo or malaria, its cold/flu like its going to be about. In some way the waiting is the hardest thing about it. Well it feels like it to me.

J. van Deijck
20 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

No worries, both countries haven't peaked yet... It's really *really* stupid to go compare... You don't know where you're going to end up yet...

Yeah, and this is the thing we better don't overthink for our own good 😱

Captain Jay

I've heard several times that New York City is one of the epicenters of this virus, with the neighborhood of Elmhurst (roughly in north-central Queens) being the "epicenter within the epicenter".

If anything, this has mainly served as a reminder that this city is something of a giant petri dish, mostly due to how dense it is. I still think living here is worth it, though.

(It helps that I didn't have that much on my schedule either way... and that, as someone in eastern-ish Brooklyn, I'm probably far enough from said neighborhood.)

WobblyWallaby

8 in my county. No deaths. The next county over is 30. I'm sitting on the county line.

Archived