Name Change Limit Update

Qutenkuddly

Qutenkuddly

Upon suggestion from members of AVEN, and after discussion by the Admod team, the decision has been made to increase the number of name changes permitted in a one year time frame, from 6 to 8.

🥳

Diana DeLuna

Wait. You can actually change your username? Or does this refer to just the "subhead" name? 

Because I created my username a long time ago, never even posted with it till recently, and don't feel the connection to it anymore. (No hope left...the ivory-billed woodpecker is truly extinct. 😔)

@IvoryBill Yes. You can change both (the subhead--under a person's username--can be changed once a person reaches 100 posts).

:) This thread is just an announcement about a new increase to how many times a person can change their username. A person can change their "subheading" an unlimited amount of times.

Diana DeLuna

I see how to do it, yay! The pressure is now on to think of something relevant and clever. It'll be one or the other, but probably not both!

43 minutes ago, IvoryBill said:

I see how to do it, yay! The pressure is now on to think of something relevant and clever. It'll be one or the other, but probably not both!

Just don't try eight different ones all in one day, then you have to wait another year. ;)

Only 8? Can we have 10 please? :ph34r::P

• 5 months later...
Alaska Native Manitou

Do people really change names that often?

@2SpiritCherokeePrincess, yes they do. There's a tradition for Halloween themed names in October, and Christmas themed names in December. With changing back that's four changes gone. 

And then people had fun playing with names during/after the Utrecht meetup. :) 

23 hours ago, 2SpiritCherokeePrincess said:

Do people really change names that often?

There's one member here who has a different name every time I see them. I'm starting to think they use black magic or something because it seems like they have like 16 name changes every year, haha (I only see them once every few months, which is probably why it seems that way to me, lol)

The Mighty Qewbacca sometimes makes an appearance around May 4th.

Archived