Question for Aromantics

Vincent Marie

I want to talk about music, because I am in contact with that the most often. Generally, I really pay respect to that kind of love, because I know that if not some situations in my life, I would be like them. I understand that it is most popular love in the world, so I tolerate it :)

WanderingKate
On 3/15/2020 at 11:09 AM, Vincent Marie said:

How do you feel about romantic media in general? Is it something you enjoy? Or something you avoid? Or you feel lukewarm about?

90% of the time I find it extremely boring. Especially rom-coms, which I find dull and formulaic almost always. If it's done really well and the characters are interesting and their is something going on besides just romance, than sure! I do get annoyed how almost every movie or tv show has to have a romantic subplot, though. I wish other relationships, like between siblings and friends and students and teachers, etc, were treated as seriously and given the same amount of screen time. 

• 2 weeks later...
paninispades

I feel that the media makes a big deal out of romance.

I can't really say I avoid it because it doesn't bother me that much, I just don't want it for myself.

Sure, I can enjoy it, but to an extent. I kind of find movies, or anything that is based solely on romance annoying.

I don't watch romcoms or any of that jazz, so I can't say.

Archived