Kura Reads, Kura Watches, Kura Plays

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Steven Universe Movie spoilers:

Spoiler

One small detail I noticed was that the four coloured diamond symbol seen throughout seasons 1-5 was flipped upside down in the movie.

10 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

"Oh, nice to see Connie again. ...She just kissed...Uh. Steven and I had the exact same expression. Yeaaaaaaaaaah!"

As did I.

Where did Spinel get that injector thing and scythe, anyway? Initially I thought the scythe was just Spinel's manifested weapon, but that does not appear to be the case.

The lack of Stevonnie is the only real complaint I have with the movie. Other than that, I absolutely love this movie.

10 hours ago, Omega the Shadow said:

Steven Universe Movie spoilers:

Hide contents

Where did Spinel get that injector thing and scythe, anyway? Initially I thought the scythe was just Spinel's manifested weapon, but that does not appear to be the case.

Maybe she stole both from the Diamonds? *shrug* Oh, by the way, did you notice that the flowers during Pink and Spinel's parting were red lilies and forget-me-nots? Lilies are symbolic of grief and healing after death, from what I've read. 

• Like 1

Kura Watches: Steven Universe: Future

Spoiler

On to episode 1 of season 6.

"Wow, I really like the new opening credits. Before Steven Universe, I didn't think it was possible to cram in so much in barely 30 seconds, but Star VS FOE manages the same in even less."

"That's a clever idea. A simple way of purifying gems without making the Diamonds go back and forth all the time."

"Oh, a new gem. Cherry Quartz, huh. She's cute."

"So much has changed in just a short time." 

"Wow. That actually seems like a really fun place."

"Garnet's teaching meditation. I love it. Sign me up!"

"I like Amethyst's approach to teaching."

"But Steven's so used to fixing everyone. Maybe he needs to fix himself for once."

"Oh, yeah, Jasper's still around. It just occurred to me, is her gem being her 'nose' kind of a pun on 'hard-nosed'?"

"You can't win everyone over, Steven."

"Oh, Jasper. Even Steven can be pushed too far." 

"That speed dash ability Jasper has always reminds me of Sonic."

"A solid first episode to the final season. ...That didn't sound nearly as sad in my head."

Kura Reads: Seraphina

Spoiler

The last section moves forward at such a relentless pace, it's thrilling. The big event with the dragon leader is going on, everything seems well, but then Seraphina and Kiggs discover the queen and princess poisoned, and Imlann, disguise breached, flees while taking Princess Selda captive. Despite only having two appearances in the entire book, not counting the scenes in disguise, he is Amon-levels of manipulation and smart. His plan to kill all the royal family and cause a war between humans and dragons would have gone off flawlessly if not for Kiggs' quick thinking, and even then, he would have got away with Selda if Eskar and her helpers hadn't come to the rescue. Orma arrives to help, and the battle against Imlann, brief though it is, is worthy of cinematic work. After everything, though, it is still a bittersweet ending. Orma still has to go into hiding, and although Seraphina reveals her secret to Kiggs and Selda, and Kiggs returns her affections, the tensions between humans and dragons will continue all through the next book. 

Speaking of the next book, I'll start reading Shadow Scale tomorrow. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Maybe she stole both from the Diamonds? *shrug* Oh, by the way, did you notice that the flowers during Pink and Spinel's parting were red lilies and forget-me-nots? Lilies are symbolic of grief and healing after death, from what I've read. 

I didn't, actually. That's a really nice touch.

Spoiler

A school without an overreliance on papers and taking notes? Heck yeah!

"I like Amethyst's approach to teaching."

It beats the teaching philosophy of 'do exactly what I want you to for an hour' that many teachers have.

"Oh, yeah, Jasper's still around. It just occurred to me, is her gem being her 'nose' kind of a pun on 'hard-nosed'?"

Oh, I never thought about that. I think it probably is.

"That speed dash ability Jasper has always reminds me of Sonic."

Indeed. Me as well.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Despite my best efforts, I can only find a small clip of episode 2 on Youtube [with Spanish subtitles, for some reason], so I'll have to read the recap on the wiki to see what happens.

"Great, now I want pizza." 

"Oh, the gems have jobs now? Wow." 

"That's...a really, really awesome way to make pizza." 

"Why does Jenny and Kiki's grandma have Ruby bodyguards? She doesn't seem like she'd need any." 

"I'm with Amethyst on this. As long as no one's getting hurt, just let the gems do what they're best at." 

Let's see what the wiki says. Alright, so Steven messes everything up, by giving all the gems different jobs. Chaos ensues, and he and Amethyst have to fuse into Smoky Quartz to save everyone. Aww, it'd be nice to see Smoky Quartz in action. Oh, well. Hopefully I'll have better luck finding the next episode tomorrow.

I got distracted by writing and playing Pokemon, so I'll read the first section of Shadow Scale tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 3 of season 6. 

"It just occurred to me that the title of this episode is a magnificent pun: 'Rose Buds'."

"She looks fine where she is to me, Steven."

"What the? Oh, those guys! Wow, it's been awhile."

"After who knows how many thousands of years on guard duty, the Amethysts deserve an indefinite break."

" 'All they talk about is Steven, Steven, Steven, Steven?!' That made me laugh a lot."

"Wow, they're just as beautiful as Rose." 😍

"...I wasn't expecting them to act like teenagers."

"An Amethyst conga line. Cool."

"Amethyst's face! Priceless." 

"Greg pulls a classic 'nope, I'm out of here' reaction."

"Poor Pearl. ...You might as well say, 'I'm going outside to breathe'. Oh, Garnet's out, too."

"Steven, this is a terrible idea."

"They do look awfully cute in those sleeping bags."

"Well, that went...terribly."

"They can be Steven's gem siblings."

"A perfect place for Rose's picture. Oh, there's that chest that's been in Lion's mane for ages--wait, it's open?! ...We're never going to find out what was in it, are we? I bet....hmm...4,444 gold coins that we won't." 

Kura Reads: Shadow Scale

Spoiler

This book picks up not where the first ended, but with a flashback to when young Seraphina is being tutored by Orma, and first learning how to make her 'mind garden', and connect with her half-dragon fellows. Orma makes an interesting point about the saints and the religion that surrounds them--there is no record of a creation myth, as if the saints just sprung up out of nowhere. In retrospect, this is very clever foreshadowing for later on. Then it picks up, maybe a couple weeks after the end of the first book. Seraphina, Dame Okra, and Abdo embark on a mission across the Southlands to find the other half-dragons, and manage to find one, a plague doctor with a bizarre dragon-like beak, who has had to hide amid loneliness all his life. I can certainly sympathize. There's frequent mentions to Jannoula, but we don't meet her until much later. I will say, though, that she is a fantastic villain, and I wish I had remembered to add her to my villain awards. Oh, well. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

The zoo humans really know how to hold a grudge. I can kind of understand why, though.

Why would they do this to us; tease us with a mystery chest and not say what was in it?

3 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

We're never going to find out what was in it, are we? I bet....hmm...4,444 gold coins that we won't.

Maybe that's what was inside. 😛

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 4 of season 6.

"What the? How did she get like that? No, wait, I don't want to know."

"What kind of volleyball are they playing?"

"Oh, it's Pink Pearl. Been awhile."

"Um...8,000 years of memory gone, and she acts like it's no big deal..."

"What?! Why would Pink hurt her own Pearl???"

"Peal, meet Pearl."

"Well, that's awkward."

"Pink Pearl's reminding me of a cheerleader. Intentional? Probably."

"Yikes. Calm down, Steven."

"Well, that's not good."

"Two Pearls, not so different."

" 'I didn't'. Oh, Pearl."

"Wait, they're fusing?! Mega Pearl, huh. I like it."

"Surfing on his shield. Sounds fun."

"Aww. They're holding hands! How cute."

"...We're never going to find out if Pink Pearl was healed, are we? Oh, well."

Spoiler

The journey continues, and Seraphina manages to find three more half dragons. However, things quickly take a turn for the worse as Abdo suffers an arm injury, and the half-dragons start to be possessed by Jannoula. We finally get to learn about her, through a flashback chapter, and it is every bit as chilling as it is heartbreaking. She is one of the most sympathetic villains I've encountered so far. Unfortunately for Seraphina, there is much more yet to come. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

I jokingly thought 'maybe that Ruby is cracking her gem on purpose so she can get more lollipops.'

Is no one else concerned about Steven's pink glowing power? Just me? Okay.

Oh, hey. Steven is surfing on his shield. I wonder if he's played Breath of the Wild. Wait, are there even Switches in this world? The most advanced gaming console I've seen in this show so far is the GameCube.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Omega the Shadow said:
  Hide contents

I jokingly thought 'maybe that Ruby is cracking her gem on purpose so she can get more lollipops.'

Is no one else concerned about Steven's pink glowing power? Just me? Okay.

Oh, hey. Steven is surfing on his shield. I wonder if he's played Breath of the Wild. Wait, are there even Switches in this world? The most advanced gaming console I've seen in this show so far is the GameCube.

Spoiler

You thought so, too, huh. The worst part is, Steven would just give her a whole bag if she asked.

I just assumed it was some remnant of having his gem pulled out at the end of season 5, but now that I think about it, it might be emotional or trauma-related. Or both.

Maybe Steven's been too busy saving the world and helping the gems to get one?

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 5 of season 6.

"Nice commercial, Steven."

"What's with all the pranks? I'd assume Amethyst, but stuff like this doesn't seem to be her style."

"Oh, it's...Aquamarine fused with one of the troublesome Rubies? Uh..."

"Eeeeeewwwww." 

"What is her plan?"

"The old 'we all need to go to the bathroom' trick."

"Steven, sometimes you can be a bit too trusting. But who am I to talk? When I was little, I once believed my cousin when he told me that if my Tamagotchi got sick, it had to wear a band-aid for a week." 

"Um...why cut a cake with a steak knife?"

"This is just getting painful to watch."

"What the heck is going on now?"

"It was really obvious, guys."

"Those are...pretty extreme demands."

"No!!!!!!!! Not Greg's hair!!!!!!!!"

"Uh, oh. Steven's super angry now."

"Ahahaha! They're too temperamental to fuse!" 

"Or not. Joined together by the power of...hate?" 

"Steven's reaction was the same as mine!"

"Alexandrite! Yeah!"

"Well, that was easy."

"That's a really good point, Greg. Everyone can change, but not everyone wants to."

Kura Reads; Shadow Scale

Spoiler

Things are just getting worse and worse for Seraphina. Though she and Abdo have reached Abdo's home country, he is now getting possessed by Jannoula, and is exhausted to the point of illness, Jannoula has appeared in the flesh, though her exact motivations beyond 'bring all the half-dragons together' is unclear so far, and Orma is still missing. The only bright note is that the remaining seven half-dragons invite Seraphina to a meeting, and lo and behold, one of them is a trans woman, and accepted for it. Hooray! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 6 of season 6.

*gasp* "Rainbow Quartz 2.0!" 😍😍😍😍 

"But...why are you playing with Onion? He's creepy."

"And gross." 

"Time for a Mary Poppins impression!"

"And a song! Ha! This episode has just started, and I'm loving it already."

"He...made it into a piranha plant?"

"...Um...I really don't think Pearl can handle Onion."

"...Why does Onion have a bag of hair? No, wait, nevermind, I don't want to know."

"...A safety...geminar...that's an awful pun, Steven, even for you."

"Sunstone, too! Hooray!"

"Oh, there's a new picture of the gang up on the wall, where Rose's picture was. Nice."

"You're making it sound like everything's dangerous, Sunstone. Though I guess the new gems kind of need to know about basic things."

"See, told you."

"Rainbow Quartz 2.0 might need the actual Mary Poppins to help him at this rate."

"Does having four arms make it easier to use a skateboard?"

"Onion needs professional help. ...and possibly Pearl, too, after all this."

"Aaah! Freaked-out Pearl jump scare!"  

"Poor Rainbow 2.0. I hope he comes back for another episode."

"Steven looks so stressed. Yikes."

"Oh, look, Ronaldo. When's he ever going to get payback for being a jerk and such an annoying character--Uh...I guess getting his pizza stepped on by wayward gems is a start?" 

"The heck? I know Sunstone usually breaks the fourth wall, but this is on a whole other level."

" 'Don't pull a Steven' and 'Don't jump off a cliff." Sage life advice from Sunstone." 🙄

Spoiler

Things are getting even worse now! The queen has finally died, meaning Princess Selda is officially Queen Selda, and has a dragon civil war to deal with on top of all the political unrest in her own country. Meanwhile, Seraphina meets with the seven remaining half-dragons and learns more about Orma's theory, that the saints were also half-dragons. Jannoula's control of Abdo continues, and either he runs away to try to protect the others, or she forces him to, it's not exactly clear. Seraphina then meets up with Eskar, and learns that Orma was captured by the Censors, and she joins a small army of dragons into the dragon home country to take down the Censors once and for all. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 7 of season 6.

"Aww, they were all waiting for him."

"That's not cute, Pearl, that's terrifying."

"You could always try plant-based or tofu-based pepperoni, Steven."

"You're never too old for kids' movies."

"It just dawned on me--way back at the very beginning of the series, Steven was constantly trying to get the trio to spend time with him and play with him, even just something as simple as having breakfast, but now that he's all grown up, they're trying to get him to relax. It's...really, really sad."

"They even made the Together Breakfast. Oh...Steven's too busy. It's too much! I don't want this to be a sad episode!"

"That's a lot of snow."

" 'Steven Tag!' Uh...What?"

"They want to have fun, but Steven's all work work work work."

"What the? Since when can Garnet shapeshift?"

"...Since when can Pearl shapeshift?!"

"This...actually looks like a fun game. Sort of."

"Sugilite?! And Sardonyx too?! Wow. And Opal. How are they fusing and unfusing so fast?""

"What happened to 'Alexandrite is only for emergencies'?"

"What is this, Smash Bros. Steven Edition?"

"Sapphire-Steven wins!"

"Even Cat Steven wants him to be young Steven."

"Aww. A happy ending. But, this is Steven Universe, it'll be for all of one episode. Terrible things are going to happen in the next episode, I just know it! And I have to wait 'til tomorrow to see if I'm right." *sigh*

Spoiler

The revolution against the Censors proves successful, but with the victory comes three pieces of news: Orma has been taken by Jannoula to be used as bait, most of the half-dragons are being controlled by Jannoula, except for Abdo, who escaped, and Jannoula has taken Seraphina's home city by declaring herself a saint. Seraphina travels home, deciding to give herself up in order to try to reason with Jannoula from the inside, only to discover that Orma's theory about the saints being half-dragons are not only true, but they existed seven hundred years ago, and there were at least four hundred, possibly more. Only a hundred pages left. How is all this going to resolve? Well...you'll find out tomorrow. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Poor Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. They just want to have fun with Steven, but he won't spend any time with them right now. I realize this is kind of like the opposite of how things were at the beginning of the series.

I hope Steven's mentality of denying himself anything "childish" because he believes he's too mature for such things is only temporary. Too many people limit the things they allow themselves to enjoy because of this.

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 8 of season 6.

"So, what's going to happen in this episode? Ooh, Lapis! It's been a long time since she got her own episode."

"A living lotus that looks like a Bulbasaur? Okay, then."

"Aww! They're so cute!"

"Learning that life is precious = very important."

"Another Lapis?!"

"Two Lapises?! Lapisis? Lapi?"

"Talk about talking to yourself."

"Yay! Lapis gets to sing!"

"Wow, that was a lovely song."

"Is it just me, or is the animation in this episode smoother than usual?"

"Second lesson of the day: don't make Lapis mad."

"Daaw, even the little lotus Bulbasaurs are worried about her."

"Lapis fused with the moon spirit and went into the Avatar State! ...Wait, wrong show."

"Oh. I was hoping the little lotus Bulbasaurs would come with them."

"Listen to Steven, he knows what he's on about."

"A new member for Little Homeschool! Hooray!"

Spoiler

In the final section, Jannoula tries her very best to break Seraphina, from forcing her to endure a birthday 'celebration' where she reveals to Queen Selda that Seraphina and Kiggs are in love, to taking Orma's memories and then sending him to see Seraphina. Both end up being very effective forms of torture, But Seraphina manages to escape the castle with Queen Selda's help [whereupon Queen Selda reveals herself to be either gay or bi; at the very least definitely in love with Seraphina]. Seraphina finds the last half-dragon, the former saint Pandowdy, still alive after seven hundred years and grown to giant size, and Abdo, who has been hiding in a swamp to escape jannoula's mind snares. Seraphina unlocks her true mental powers, Pandowdy takes jannoula away to prevent her from harming everyone else, and although the war with the dragons is averted, it is still a bittersweet ending. One of the half-dragons died during the chaos, another of them rendered comatose, and the last chapter ends with a small hope, just a small hope, that Orma will eventually remember. 

I'll be taking another break from reading, hopefully a longer one this time. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

.....I want one of those cute little lotus Bulbasaur things now.

14 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

"Lapis fused with the moon spirit and went into the Avatar State! ...Wait, wrong show."

I wonder if there's anyone who's seen Avatar who didn't think of that during this scene.

Spoiler

On to episode 9 of season 6.

"Oh, the Off-Colours are graduating! That's great!"

"And Sadie has a new partner! This episode has all sorts of surprises. I'm not a fan of nose rings, or piercings in general, I must admit."

"...Steven, don't start shipping Sadie and Lars together! Fandoms have done enough damage already."

"Lars has a point. Steven definitely isn't okay."

"Well, that's awkward."

"Everyone's moving on without you, Steven." 

"Well, that's not good."

"Steven's 'Pink Steven' powers seem to be an extension of his regular ones--in this case, his shield. I'll have to see if this theory ends up being true."

" 'Wouldn't be the first time.' I like how casual Lars is about this. Just another typical saving the world type of day." 

"Funny how things that are obvious to others often aren't obvious to the person with the feelings."

"...Do I even want to ask about the worst party she's been to?"

"Awkward hugs are awkward."

"All alone again. Poor Steven."

So, that's it for today, unless anyone wants to hear me rant [er...read?] about how much I dislike the last few volumes of Tsubasa. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Shep seems like nice person, though I'm definitely not a fan of their nose ring. I find all piercings in general to be a bit gross. Even earrings start to bother me if I think about them for too long

I guess the moral of the story is... don't ship your friends, or you'll turn pink and suffocate them inside a giant forcefield.

I'll admit: I'm kind of curious now.

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 10 of season 6.

"Steven could open up a flower shop!"

"Er...usually talking to plants is a good thing. I'm not so sure about Steven's emotional health..."

"Garnet's offhand ominous prediction is ominous."

"...A cactus puppy? That reminds me, where's Pumpkin? She hasn't been around all season."

"The only plant I would name Ronaldo is poison ivy."

"...The cactus is now Gollum. Run, Steven, run!"

"Well, what a way to get all of his feelings out in the open."

"He has everything on his mind."

"Steven's reaction matched mine." 

"Is it really just parroting what he's saying, or is there something else going on?"

"Cactus Steven jump scare!"

"Ow. Shield to the face."

"How big is this thing going to get? Actually, it reminds me a bit of the corrupted gem fusions way back in the first couple seasons."

"Yikes. Poor Pearl." 

"Owowowow that looks so painful."

"Well, time to fix the house. Again."

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 11 of season 6.

"Even in his dreams, Steven just can't catch a break."

"What the heck?!"

"Oh, I'm glad that Steven wakes up, then sits up. It's so common in stories that characters wake up and sit up simultaneously. It's a weird little thing that annoys me for some reason."

"If only I had the same enthusiasm for reboots and remakes. ...Oh, nevermind, then."

"This scene is way too meta, and I love it."

"Tinfoil hats. Ha."

"This whole episode is way too meta, and I love it."

"Oh, no, they're shipping! Look at what happened last time, Steven!"

"...'Stefan'? ...Really, Steven?"

"...Steven, you really need to work on your writing skills. Don't make self-inserts!"

"...Well, this is getting about as weird as I thought it would."

"Symbolism!" 

"This is not going to go well."

"Connie turning into Obsidian. I wonder if that's foreshadowing, or if I'm overthinking things as usual."

"He's still dreaming, isn't he? Ha! I was right. Oh, that's...really creepy."

"Aww. Poor Steven. He's got Chronic Hero Saving People Syndrome. But he can't fix everyone. Eventually, he's going to have to help himself for once."

"The show's still so bad, but they're actually enjoying making fun of it. I wasn't expecting that."

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 12 of season 6.

"Ooh! Pearl and Bismuth are going on a date! And Connie's back! Hooray!"

"...Pearl's favourite song is a commercial. That's really sad."

"Bismuth looks good with her hair up."

"Poor Steven doesn't know how to talk to people." 

"...Poor Steven doesn't know how to rollerskate. Well, I don't, either, so that's okay."

"STEVONNIE!!!!!!!!!! ...Ahem. I'm just very excited."

"Wow, Pearl is really good at rollerskating."

"This sounds almost like a song from Persona 5."

"Bismuth's blushing! So cute."

"Pearl and Bismuth would make a nice couple."

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 13 of season 6.

"Connie's back again! Sort of!"

"Nothing could ever get me interested in politics."

"It'd be fun to see some full maps of Steven's world."

"Well, that's not good."

"What the--did Garnet un-fuse on purpose?"

"They're acting like they've been married for centuries! I love it! Eeee!"

"Like Girl Scouts, but with gems. Gem Scouts?"

"Uh...Steven...Connie can't be your future. She can be part of your future, sure. Just don't make her into all of your future. ...Am I making any sense?"

"I don't think Connie would want to stay fused forever, though. I mean, even Ruby and Sapphire need some time apart sometimes."

"Calm down, Ruby!"

"...That's...actually a pretty cute badge."

"Sapphire's class seems way complicated."

"This is not going to work, I just know it."

"Aww. Connie's reaction."

"Time to sing along. 'I'd rather be me with you...' "

"That's a big ring. Oh, it's a...glowstick? Like the one Connie had in her first episode? Oh, Steven."

"Surprise proposals never work."

"Hey, a 'not now' is way better than a 'no', right?"

"Steven's so afraid of losing everyone."

"Is that self-deprecation on Garnet's part? Is that even a thing that can happen when there's fusion involved?" 

" 'Your soulmate is your compliment, not your missing piece.' That might be one of the most important lessons from this show, along with Lapis' 'no means no' to Jasper and 'Here Comes A Thought'." 

"I think this is my favourite episode of the season so far." 

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 14 of season 6.

"So much for Dogcopter being for kids."

"Everyone's getting married except you, Steven? What about Pearl? I mean, she has Bismuth, but they're not exactly a full couple yet. Amethyst hasn't shown any interest in romance, so maybe she's aro?"

"Oh, turning pink again."

"It is important, Steven!"

"Growing Pains, literally."

"He still has the same ringtone! Wow. Just hearing those little notes made me all nostalgic."

"I'm sure it won't be fine, Connie."

"I'm glad I'm not Steven. Anything to do with hospitals and doctors and dentists = not fun for me."

"Huh, so this suggests that gems are basically made of the light from their gems. ...I mean, that gems as individuals are basically made of the light from their gemstones."

" 'Childhood trauma can have a lasting impact on how your body responds to stress.' Yeah, no kidding."

"Steven's montage of his traumas would make zero sense to anyone who hasn't watched the whole show."

"Yikes. How big could Steven actually get?"

'Greg's here! Hopefully that'll help?"

"Poor Steven."

"Sage life advice from Greg."

• Like 1
Spoiler

22 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Amethyst hasn't shown any interest in romance, so maybe she's aro?"

I never thought about that. I'd definitely believe it, though.

Steven, just because Connie said 'not now' doesn't mean she never wants to get married. She's just not ready to think about marriage right now. Be patient, and remember that you still mean a lot to her.

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 15 of season 6.

I couldn't find the beginning part, but I found most of the rest of the episode, thankfully, and the wiki summary helped to fill in the gaps. 

"Road trip montage! Ha, Steven still has his ice cream bowl."

"Hey, this song was from way back in season 1."

"Those spiky sunglasses in the background look very nifty."

"I have the same reaction to pretty much every public washroom."

"I wonder, do Greg's parents have all of those collectibles and fancy furniture because they want to, or do they feel like they should?"

"I can certainly relate to Greg feeling like his home was a prison. I felt that way, in different circumstances, of course, but it's still the same feeling."

"I don't like meatloaf, either, Greg."

"This does at least go a long way to explains Greg's rebelliousness and how he ended up on the road during his music career."

"It's so painful to see Steven get so excited when Greg is so miserable just being there."

"Music was off-limits. That's horrible!"

"So this is how Greg, and by extension, Steven, got 'Universe' as a last name. It's like a David Bowie song, actually."

"What's wrong with taking names from songs, Steven?"

"Both Greg and Steven kind of have a point. But comparing an admittedly super strict human family to an imperialistic dysfunctional gem family, that doesn't really work."

"I've felt that way, too, that no matter what I do, it's never enough, never 'right', never good enough. But it was mainly self-inflicted on my part." 

"School's way overrated, Steven."

"Steven really doesn't want anyone's help. The desire for complete independence is something that I think he's wanted since the very beginning of the series."

"I kind of wish I had a dad like Greg."

"Steven's not even listening. But pushing everyone away only makes things worse."

• Like 1
Spoiler

Considering how what's-his-name Demayo acted when he showed up that one time, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Greg's parents were super strict and controlling, and probably upheld many archaic beliefs and traditions.

I can relate so much to what Greg is saying...

28 minutes ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

"I've felt that way, too, that no matter what I do, it's never enough, never 'right', never good enough. But it was mainly self-inflicted on my part."

...and to you, too.

Don't turn pink, don't turn pink, don't turn pink, don't turn pink...oh no.

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 16 of season 6.

"Pearl's acting like a mom again. Well, I mean, she kind of Steven's mom. Kind of."

"Garnet's got it figured out."

"Don't break the house!"

"Did...he just stop time? Oh, he's got super speed. Alright, then."

"Why in the world did you go to Jasper for help?"

"He wants to be left alone, but he doesn't want to be left alone. I certainly know how that feels."

"Terrible life advice from Jasper."

"If only actual kisses had healing powers."

"This is not going to work."

"No, don't train with her!"

"Yikes, that's a huge amount of rocks."

"...Great job faceplanting, Steven."

"She could have really hurt him! Gods."

"That's a rather ingenious way to catch fish."

"That was all in just three days? Wow."

"A rematch? Oh, this is not going to go well." 

"How can you crack your knuckles when you don't actually have bones?" 

"That's not a good laugh."

"As if Jasper didn't have enough of a fighting addiction."

"...He...shattered her...he actually shattered her..."

"So Steven can basically bring 'dead' gems back to life now. That's not remotely comforting."

• Like 1
Spoiler

Unfortunately, Youtube spoiled the part about Steven shattering Jasper by recommending a video literally titled "Steven shatters Jasper" before I even started watching the final season. I was very unhappy about that. It seems like the uploader could've found some other way to describe that clip without putting a major spoiler in the title. 😡

• Like 1

Spoiler

On to episode 17 of season 6.

"Yikes. Steven does not look well."

"Aww. Jasper looks so hurt and confused."

"Garnet, you're just making this more sad! Sadder? More sad? Which one is it? I always get those mixed up."

"Zircon? Who the heck's Zircon?"

"SPINEL!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Spinel, your movements are just as creepy as ever."

"I'd take any of Spinel's advice very carefully, Steven. But she does mean well."

"Oh, hey, Yellow, too!"

"Wow...she's certainly changed."

"Yeah, that's what I've been saying all along, Yellow."

"Spinel's doing a Sonic impression."

"Bringing joy to others. Sounds like a good idea, Blue. Just don't force it on them."

*gasp* "Blue gets a song! Hooray!"

" 'I don't want to feel better, I want to be better!' Steven in a nutshell."

"No matter how friendly she is now, White is still way down in the uncanny valley."

"What the flippity flipping flap?!"

"So, wait, does this mean that Pink was stronger than White all along? Or is it only Steven who's more powerful now?"

"Did he just try to...shatter...White?"

"Is that a Roadrunner impression you're doing, Spinel? Way to break the mood."

"How far and for how long will Steven run away from getting help?"

"Now he's running away from both of his families."

"Oh, not another cliffhanger!"

• Like 1