How does feel to be an Asexual man?

Zero_2

So, what's it like?

Like any other guy's life, but quieter, I'd guess. I don't really understand the allosexual pre-occupation with sex, so I can't really answer how I'm different.

Was it hard to accept?

Well, I just found out about asexuality a couple years ago, and started to wonder if I fit the spectrum this year. Still coming to an acceptance.

Do you wish if it was different?

I'd like to be less confused. Even if I were allosexual, I'd still be dealing with my aromanticism, so I'd just have new problems.

Did it make you feel less like a man growing up?

I grew up fundamentalist Christian, so I got guilt-tripped constantly about sex; even thinking about it was Sinful. Grew out of the religion, but it took me years to think of myself as a sexual creature without guilt or hang-ups. I always figured out that was the reason I didn't have much interest in sex, but now I'm learning the proper vocabulary.

How do you feel about women? Are you indifferent? Do you feel a disconnect towards them? 

I feel generally disconnected from humanity. I have a harder time connecting to women, because they're socialized differently. And because men and women can't be around each other without romance (real or speculated) coming into discussion. I'm sexually attracted to women, but in an abstract way; I don't view the idea of having sex with someon positively or negatively.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:14 PM, Vysicle said:

talking about the gender I'm attracted to (men), I can say that I find their body beautiful. It makes me feel things. I love looking at them. I can fantasize about them, and I can aroused by them. I just don't feel like I want to have sex with them.

So i'm a heterosexual guy, but i'm gonna be honest, this felt good to hear, it makes me feel a little bit better about being a male. You having a positive outlook on the male gender, it gives me a little hope.

Cause really all i hear women saying is how bad males are and stuff like that,  and it really makes me wonder if women actually see something in men, or are men to them are just a means to an end, it's a sad little reality in my head, but your words makes me helpful. So thank you.

Archived