Podcast Recommendations?

HibernoHistorian

HibernoHistorian

Hey! I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts because of my work and I'm interested in finding some good podcasts about acespec stuff, specifically demisexuality and/or being acespec in a Christian culture. I have listened to Sounds Fake But Okay, which I like well enough, but I'm also interested in romantic orientations and, although the silly stuff can be fun, I'm looking for something a little more informative/serious, if that makes sense. Does anyone have any good recommendations? 

The only podcasts I know about are about Amateur radio.

It's too boring for most people.

Grumpy Alien

Sorry, don’t have anything that has to do with asexuality or religion specifically. However, if you ever want a fun/funny informative podcast with no particular genre, check out No Such Thing as a Fish. They cover anything and everything. It’s quite amusing and you can learn a lot from one episode.

Hello!! :) 

I’m moving this thread from Questions about Asexuality to Asexual Musings and Rantings.

-N8LV3y

Moderator for Questions about Asexuality and Site Comments

Sounds Fake, But Okay is about love, sex, and relationships that the hosts don't understand; hosted by an AroAce girl and a Demi-straight girl. Pretty funny and dumb. A OK is a new one I haven't listened to, but have seen floating around. I'd have to look into it more, but you could do a pretty easy google search, or use your podcast player of choice (as I did) to find some. 

HibernoHistorian

Thanks for your recommendations! I've been trying to do some searches with little luck. I'll take a look at No Such Thing As A Fish and A OK, though. 

not what you are looking for, but a good fiction one is welcome to nightvale. it is the broadcasts of a small town where conspiracy theories are true, there are weird creatures and happenings all over the place

HibernoHistorian

Yeah, I'm caught up on WTNV. If it helps, these are the podcasts I already have:

Spoiler

Language: 

An Litir Bheag

Gaelcast

Motherfocloir

Science:

BBC Earth

Hidden Brain

Ologies

Mythology:

Fireside

Myths and Legends

News/Politics:

The Irish Times - Inside Politics

Left, Right, and Center

The Craic Pot

The Daily

The Irish Times - World View

(I... did not realise I had so many of those. Wow.)

Asexuality:

Sounds Fake But Okay

Storytelling:

The Adventure Zone 

Welcome to Night Vale

Irish History/Culture/Politics:

The Irish Passport

So, as you can see, I've multiple in different categories, but only one under Asexuality and I'd like to learn more. (TIP is also by its lonesome, but that's more because it covers multiple topics.) So, I mean, if y'all have non-ace recommendations, that's cool too, but not really what I'm looking for.

• 4 weeks later...
MaryPenelope

It's not about asexuality, but the main character in The Magnus Archives is asexual, and it's mentioned a couple times throughout the podcast. Just a warning though: it's a horror podcast, and also a tragedy that will likely have a unhappy ending. However, it's super addicting, very good, and there's more than enough fluffy fanfiction out there to mostly make up for the tragedy. The podcast centers around Jonathon Sims uncovering the truth about the spooky happenings at and recorded in The Magnus Institute, where he's recently been made Head Archivist.

Similarly, though to a much lesser extent, Chloe from The Bright Sessions is asexual. It's first brought up in season 2, I think, and Chloe, while a recurring character, is not a main character, so it's not hugely mentioned or anything. But TBS is still a really good podcast and Chloe is an excellent character. The premise of this one is if people with super powers spent more time going to therapy than being heroes.

• 2 weeks later...
Discworld2020

I'd also reccomend The Magnus Archives as well so amazingly written and acted. Also it's not jump out horror but more unsettling in how you'll look at things the next day. 

If you like TAZ, D&D is for nerds is humorous and wolf 359 is a good scifi podcast which is complete. 

• 1 month later...
HibernoHistorian

I recently started listening to A-OK and I really like it! Thanks for the reccomendation!

Janus the Fox

I remember one from many years ago that had quite the obtuse title, can't quite remember what it was called...

• 2 weeks later...

Aced It! is a really good aroace comedy podcast sort of in the mbmbam style if youre familiar with that

Archived