Shower vs Bath: AVEN Championship

Grumpy Alien

How do you like to shed your dead skin?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of which is more convenient, which do you PREFER? Bath or shower?

• I enjoy soaking in my own filth
    • I like indoor naked dancing in the rain
    • I have no preference on how to lather my skin and scalp slime
    • I prefer to let my body marinate naturally to create my own unique fragrance #soapfree

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Ciki said:

Alright,so now i'm confused.

Isn't this (🛁) a bathtub?And this (🚿) a shower?

Where i'm from,showers are those walk in showers.And baths are those reverse spaceship looking motherfuckers (🛀).

And what do you mean how did i wash?

Every bathtub has that showerhead thing that sprays water.So like that.

I feel like i know where the misunderstanding is coming from (but at the same time,i could be wrong...)

I feel like you're refering to just this part (🚿) as a shower.Right?The one where the water is coming from?

But at my place,the word shower refers only to those walk in showers.Basically,the entire space where you wash yourself.That's all a shower.

Right?Is this where all the confusion is coming from?

By the way i used the quotes for the word shower because i used it as a verb.I used the verb shower instead of the verb bathe.

And at my place,if you have a bathtub you bathe,and if you have a shower you,well,shower.

Ah yes! Thank you, emojis! 😂 Also “spaceship looking motherfuckers”! 😂😂😂😂

Okay. I see where the confusion is now. To me, a shower is this bit 🚿 regardless of what surrounds it. 🛁 this is a shower to me. It’s only a bathtub if specifically being used for a bath in that moment or if it doesn’t actually have any shower head where water comes from. When you said you only had a bathtub growing up, I was picturing a literal tub with nothing to rinse with. Sorry! 🤦‍♀️

Also, I’m really glad I’m not the only person who doesn’t like shower curtains. There are multiple people who have made fun of me being squeamish about accidentally touch them while showering. 😂

I just remembered my dad’s ex was rich and lived in a big house, and she had a huge bathtub with water jets. The thing was a jacuzzi practically. I used it once when we were spending the night over there and it was freaking awesome.

2 hours ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

Ah yes! Thank you, emojis! 😂 Also “spaceship looking motherfuckers”! 😂😂😂😂

Okay. I see where the confusion is now. To me, a shower is this bit 🚿 regardless of what surrounds it. 🛁 this is a shower to me. It’s only a bathtub if specifically being used for a bath in that moment or if it doesn’t actually have any shower head where water comes from. When you said you only had a bathtub growing up, I was picturing a literal tub with nothing to rinse with. Sorry! 🤦‍♀️

Also, I’m really glad I’m not the only person who doesn’t like shower curtains. There are multiple people who have made fun of me being squeamish about accidentally touch them while showering. 😂

It's really no problem.Also,yes!I hate shower curtains.I try my best not to touch them while showering.I'd just feel gross and dirty for the rest of my life.

If my bathtub were bigger, I may take a bath more often and play with my rubber froggies.

I have a bath that I've never used, and a separate shower. As it stands, I prefer the indoor naked dancing in the rain.

I tend to not like baths so much anymore. But when you're really freaking cold and do it the Japanese way (ie washing before soaking in the water so it's not super gross human soup) it's really freaking nice in winters when the cold seeped its way into your bones and won't leave. So I prefer showers, but baths have a place in my life. 

Showers are for getting clean after exercise. baths are for relaxing. 

You gotta do both. fill the bath half and turn on the shower. it'll feel like you're showering in a lake.

I prefer baths, mainly because they're 10x more relaxing than showers. Showers are convenient as fuck.

everywhere and nowhere

I don't like washing myself, I just like being clean.

I hate baths first of all because of my nudity aversion. Even if it's a bubble bath, my bathtub is not particularly big and if I recline, my boobs will still want to peek above the surface. And if I sit in the bathtub, they will touch my legs. Showering is easier, quicker and also better for a person with damaged knees.

However, even though I vastly prefer showering and haven't taken an immersion bath for the last two or three years, I also actively prefer having a bathtub.

Reason 1:

Spoiler

Well, I have a libido, I pleasure myself, and I can't do it in the shower while standing up. It might work for people who are able to have an orgasm in five minutes, but I usually need an hour for it.

Reason 2: it's just more convenient in the evening, when I only wash the intimate area and change into night underwear (I always wear panties and a light sport bra under my pajama - also related to my nudity aversion; it allows me to leave the pajama on my bed and still have the bathroom as the only place where I am ever fully naked): I can just sit on the edge of the bathtub, without needing to get my legs wet.

As I already described in aother topic, I realised it even more during my apartment renovation, when I spent two months living in an apartment which belongs to my mom (she now lives with her husband, normally rents the apartment, but after the previous tenant moved out, she didn't rent it immediately, but instead arranged he renovation so that I could live there in the meantime). There is only a shower in that apartment and so I even had to take off my socks to just wash the intimate area. And, on top of that, water made a lot of noise when dropping to the bottom of the shower basin - not a nice thing for neighbours if it was late in the evening. So even though I only take showers in my bathtub (and I also absolutely need a curtain because of it, I am completely unable to shower without making the whole bathroom wet if there is no curtain*), I still prefer it to a shower cabin.

I also had some problems with my bathtub during knee injuries, but I still managed to do everything alone. Fortunately, since I lost weight I at least stopped having that recurring stiffness in my right knee (in such a situation I would have problems for about 3-4 days and on the first two days it would also hurt a lot and my knee mobility would be reduced to about 10-15 degrees). It's still damaged, but doesn't hinder everyday life and the sport activities I can do and enjoy doing.

*Another nudity aversion thing: even though I live alone and nobody will enter the bathroom when I'm washing myself, I would still prefer the curtain to be non-transparent. I don't like it how all vinyl curtains are transparent nowadays. And I hate the alternative, textile curtains - they stick to the wet body, folds of the curtain stick to each other - to me just very uncomfortable.

The phrasing "soaking in my own filth" is exactly how I end up feeling about baths and why I prefer showers x) I've tried to like it because it seems really relaxing, but aside from the filth-feeling its just too much wait time. I don't have the patience for baths.

Also, going to agree with above, not a fan of those slippery hotel bath-shower combinations. The shower curtains are always too close, and if I leave them hanging outside the tub the water run down them and make huge puddles on the floor.

Anonymous Axolotl

Baths all the way. Showers give me anxiety and feel irritating. I hate being pelted with droplets of water. Yes, even if the water pressure is gentle it feels unpleasant and puts me on edge. Showers are also a lot harder and more dangerous for me anyway since I've got blood pooling issues.

Even though I dislike it, I always rinse off with the shower head sprayer thingie at the very end to make sure there's no soap or stray hair left on me.

B o t h

Depends what I'm feeling like and how much time I have lol When I get cold outside sometimes I prefer to soak in hot water instead of just having it rain on me. Both are enjoyable for different reasons~

J. van Deijck

I like both.

J. van Deijck
On 2/29/2020 at 12:33 AM, TheCatBehind said:

When I get cold outside sometimes I prefer to soak in hot water instead of just having it rain on me.

This is why I wish I had a bathtub in my bathroom :(

How can I cry in a shower when the high pressure distracts me from my pain?

Celyn: The Lutening

I like both but being able to totally submerge myself in hot water when it's cold and pretend to be a new potato being boiled is heaven. Also bath bombs. And reading in the bath.

(I do so the Japanese rinse in the shower first so it's not soaking in my own filth at all)

My new flat doesn't have a tub and it makes me sad.

Janus the Fox

I don’t mind a bath or shower, I’ve had installed a walk in shower on health and safety reasons.  I miss being able to bathe a bit. 

Wait, do people not wash their bodies prior to relaxing in a bath? I shower for washing and a bath is for having a water hug and listening to music.

• 11 months later...

@Kimchi Peanut

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived