Shower vs Bath: AVEN Championship

Grumpy Alien

How do you like to shed your dead skin?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of which is more convenient, which do you PREFER? Bath or shower?

• I enjoy soaking in my own filth
    • I like indoor naked dancing in the rain
    • I have no preference on how to lather my skin and scalp slime
    • I prefer to let my body marinate naturally to create my own unique fragrance #soapfree

This poll is closed to new votes

I hate baths. I think they’re disgusting. A lot of people think they’re relaxing. Which is more enjoyable? Baths or showers?

"Naked dancing in the rain" may be bad phrasing, a lot of people don't like being naked. I'm happy to take a shower, but thinking of it as naked dancing is a lot less attractive 😉

But taking a bath... stewing in your own juices... in a dirty tub... ick.

I'll just take a nice hot shower.

2 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

"Naked dancing in the rain" may be bad phrasing, a lot of people don't like being naked. I'm happy to take a shower, but thinking of it as naked dancing is a lot less attractive 😉

But taking a bath... stewing in your own juices... in a dirty tub... ick.

I'll just take a nice hot shower.

Oh I hate being naked. But it’s necessary if you want to be clean. I’m no Tobias Funke!

e9a738cce2030db498571596a1f316d1.jpg

RoseGoesToYale

There can be only one true answer:

Spoiler

funny-santa-finnish-sauna-christmas-new-

Baths, although I may be biased by the fact that our shower makes me cry because it's so frustrating.

I prefer baths (unless I'm washing my hair, then I take a shower). It's a lot easier to shave after soaking in warm water, and they can be pretty relaxing. I usually sit my laptop near by and watch videos or shows while bathing too. "Stewing in your own filth" makes it seem gross, but I rinse off with the showerhead afterwards anyway.

I love both.Maybe baths slightly more since i grew up with a bath tub.Now i have a shower.But i don't really care,i like both.

2 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

I prefer baths (unless I'm washing my hair, then I take a shower). It's a lot easier to shave after soaking in warm water, and they can be pretty relaxing. I usually sit my laptop near by and watch videos or shows while bathing too. "Stewing in your own filth" makes it seem gross, but I rinse off with the showerhead afterwards anyway.

My opinion exactly😤👏

I love these options 

My house doesn't actually have a bath. 

I do prefer the indoor naked dancing choice

Me, shower 

My immediate response would be that I don't mind but then I realised that, even in a bathtub, I always take a shower...

Elephants aren't suitable for bathtubs.

RoseGoesToYale
5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Elephants aren't suitable for bathtubs.

0405e22ce7553892710430fbaba86bee.png

I’m seeing a few references to “bathtubs.” I’ve literally never had a shower that wasn’t in a bathtub with the exception of when I’ve stayed in luxury hotels with posh walk-in showers. I’ve never owned a stand alone shower.

I always shower, even though in my present house the shower is in a bathtub. I'm quite tall, so a lot of bathtubs are cramped and I can't soak comfortably. A few years ago I stayed in a hotel that had the largest tub I'd ever seen, and I absolutely had to have a long hot soak in it. It was pretty nice but showering is more efficient.

1 hour ago, Ciki said:

Maybe baths slightly more since i grew up with a bath tub.Now i have a shower.

What do you mean grew up with a bathtub?

52 minutes ago, Astrobot said:

even in a bathtub, I always take a shower...

17 minutes ago, Catserole said:

even though in my present house the shower is in a bathtub

Okay 😂 Can someone please explain this bathtub thing to me? You each seem to insinuate bathtubs are not a normal place to shower? Or perhaps that if a bath is available, one would normally take a bath instead? I’m so confused. Is this something culturally or regionally specific - are bathtubs and/or showers rare where you live? I just... feel like the phrasing of these responses means something I’m unaware of if that makes sense. Like I’m missing something.

1 minute ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

What do you mean grew up with a bathtub?

I mean we had a bathtub in a house i grew up in.But now,we have a shower.

(I phrased that poorly in my original post,i know.Hope it makes more sense now.)

2 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

Okay 😂 Can someone please explain this bathtub thing to me? You each seem to insinuate bathtubs are not a normal place to shower? Or perhaps that if a bath is available, one would normally take a bath instead? I’m so confused. Is this something culturally or regionally specific - are bathtubs and/or showers rare where you live? I just... feel like the phrasing of these responses means something I’m unaware of if that makes sense. Like I’m missing something.

Well,where i am it's not uncommon to have a 'shower' in a bathtub.That basically means that you're standing up in a bathtub and washing yourself.

(I'm guessing that's what these people meant,but then again,i could be wrong...)

3 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

In my case I just prefer dedicated shower enclosures. They tend to be roomier, and you can turn the pressure up on the shower without the water going everywhere.

Well, in Greece most old houses have a bathtub instead of a shower but it's not what I meant (Especially since showers are becoming quite common in new houses). What I meant is that most people I know (which is a small sample so I'm not insinuating anything about the general population) tend to take a bath there whereas I don't.

3 minutes ago, Ciki said:

I mean we had a bathtub in a house i grew up in.But now,we have a shower.

(I phrased that poorly in my original post,i know.Hope it makes more sense now.)

Well,where i am it's not uncommon to have a 'shower' in a bathtub.That basically means that you're standing up in a bathtub and washing yourself.

(I'm guessing that's what these people meant,but then again,i could be wrong...)

Wait... So you didn’t have a shower growing up? How did you wash? 🧐

Why are you using quotes for shower like it’s not a real shower if it’s in a bathtub? Is that considered something separate from a normal shower where you’re from? I don’t actually know anyone with a stand-alone shower - as in every home I can think of where I’ve used their bathroom has a bath/shower. (Both in the US and UK.) It has literally never occurred to me that someone might class a shower bath combo as completely different to a walk-in shower. I basically only see bathless showers in second smaller bathrooms in bigger houses. (Not a big enough room to have a normal sized shower with a bathtub.)

2 minutes ago, Catserole said:

In my case I just prefer dedicated shower enclosures. They tend to be roomier, and you can turn the pressure up on the shower without the water going everywhere.

Really? I’ve found the opposite. My childhood house had a second, smaller bathroom where there wasn’t enough room for a regular sized shower/tub. So the previous owners put a shower enclosure in. It sucked. We never used it. It was very basic - not the kind of shower you normally find in a regular tub where you can adjust things - and tiny. I have used huge luxurious showers in nice hotels but that’s absurdly out of my price range. 😂 Does your shower not have shower head settings?

Really? I’ve found the opposite. My childhood house had a second, smaller bathroom where there wasn’t enough room for a regular sized shower/tub. So the previous owners put a shower enclosure in. It sucked. We never used it. It was very basic - not the kind of shower you normally find in a regular tub where you can adjust things - and tiny. I have used huge luxurious showers in nice hotels but that’s absurdly out of my price range. 😂 Does your shower not have shower head settings?

Yeah, modern shower enclosures tend to give a larger area to stand in than a standard bathtub unless it's a really small one you're squeezing into an ensuite room. Then there's the horror of the shower curtain, or those glass partition screens that never seem to be quite long enough.

1 minute ago, Catserole said:

Yeah, modern shower enclosures tend to give a larger area to stand in than a standard bathtub unless it's a really small one you're squeezing into an ensuite room. Then there's the horror of the shower curtain, or those glass partition screens that never seem to be quite long enough.

I do hate shower curtains. I had one with glazed shower doors - that was great.

19 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

I don’t actually know anyone with a stand-alone shower - as in every home I can think of where I’ve used their bathroom has a bath/shower. (Both in the US and UK.) It has literally never occurred to me that someone might class a shower bath combo as completely different to a walk-in shower. I basically only see bathless showers in second smaller bathrooms in bigger houses. (Not a big enough room to have a normal sized shower with a bathtub.)

Interesting! My house growing up had the bath/shower combo in the smaller bathroom and then in the master bath had a tub and a separate shower (square shaped but not crowded and had glass on two sides and walls on the other two). And I never knew anyone that had a small shower-enclosure only in the small bathrooms (in this country at least); here small bathrooms either had the tub (may or may not have shower component) or were only the powder-room variants with toilet and sink.

We eventually updated the shower-only spot so it was a little bigger of a square with built in places for shampoo etc., a nicer glass door and tile/stone (not as large/crazy as a resort I stayed at, but certainly better than any bathtub shower I've seen so you never worried about hitting the walls.

I like showers and I like baths, but I don't like showering in a bathtub; it always feels crowded between the wall and the shower curtain, slipping is still a problem, etc.

I won't vote in the obviously highly biased poll. :P 

I'd say both baths and showers have their pros and cons.

A good soak in a hot bath can be nice, but like @Catserole said, not so great when you're tall and you have a "standard" bathtub. The usual size you find in most middle class dwellings.

I know lots of homes have at least some bathrooms equipped with a shower stall without a tub, and maybe some have tubs with no showerhead. I think the discussion about shower curtains vs glass doors has come up before, so I won't belabor it. I have my own opinion, but what I don't care what other people do in their own houses.

11 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

I do hate shower curtains. I had one with glazed shower doors - that was great.

Yea, we currently have a tub with a shower curtain. It isn't quite ideal to take a shower in.

25 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

Wait... So you didn’t have a shower growing up? How did you wash? 🧐

Why are you using quotes for shower like it’s not a real shower if it’s in a bathtub? Is that considered something separate from a normal shower where you’re from? I don’t actually know anyone with a stand-alone shower - as in every home I can think of where I’ve used their bathroom has a bath/shower. (Both in the US and UK.) It has literally never occurred to me that someone might class a shower bath combo as completely different to a walk-in shower. I basically only see bathless showers in second smaller bathrooms in bigger houses. (Not a big enough room to have a normal sized shower with a bathtub.)

Alright,so now i'm confused.

Isn't this (🛁) a bathtub?And this (🚿) a shower?

Where i'm from,showers are those walk in showers.And baths are those reverse spaceship looking motherfuckers (🛀).

And what do you mean how did i wash?

Every bathtub has that showerhead thing that sprays water.So like that.

I feel like i know where the misunderstanding is coming from (but at the same time,i could be wrong...)

I feel like you're refering to just this part (🚿) as a shower.Right?The one where the water is coming from?

But at my place,the word shower refers only to those walk in showers.Basically,the entire space where you wash yourself.That's all a shower.

Right?Is this where all the confusion is coming from?

By the way i used the quotes for the word shower because i used it as a verb.I used the verb shower instead of the verb bathe.

And at my place,if you have a bathtub you bathe,and if you have a shower you,well,shower.

I usually take showers because they're faster, but hot baths are great for treating bruises and muscle aches.

Anthracite_Impreza
Spoiler

regular-car-wash-subaru-car-wash-car-mem

Archived