asexual vs asexual

wayGone

Been here a few days & noticing some important distinctions as to what people make of the world asexual? Seem to be asexuals in the sense of not having sex & others with a definition of asexual that is more related to idea of "gender fluid lgbt" like sexless...sex undefined, but maybe still sexually active.  I don't make sense of hetero asexuals being categorised under a paladium of gender vagueness.

Gender variance is statistically common among asexuals, but nobody is defining asexuality as a gender or as genderlessness. I'm not sure how you got that idea.

Some asexuals are sexually active to please their partners or to have kids or something like that, even though they don't experience sexual attraction/desire for themselves. We don't define asexuality by sexual behavior, but rather by attraction/desire, so this does not exclude them from asexuality.

I resent the teen emo asex't hentai avatar parade comment. Please don't stereotype gendervariant people like that.

@Laurann You are right about that comment & i had deleted it before i even read your reply, but i am still sorry if anyone saw that. I am listening to asex videos on youtube, "David Jay - Asexuality" right now. After listening to a few videos i can amateurishly imagine how someone who does not feel the need to be physically attractive or wants to be neutral to repel attention can turn out looking gender "fuzzy". 

"

Hi!

I read your original post and was super confused (still am😅).

Could you please clarify what you meant to say by posting this?

I want to join the discussion but i can't if i don't know what the hell we're talking about.

Sorry,i'm an idiot,i know😅

Anthracite_Impreza

Asexuality has never had anything to do with gender. I feel gender very strongly but am very ace.

everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, wayGone said:

After listening to a few videos i can amateurishly imagine how someone who does not feel the need to be physically attractive or wants to be neutral to repel attention can turn out looking gender "fuzzy". 

Yes, but in such cases genderqueerness is the result, not an essence of asexuality.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:08 AM, wayGone said:

After listening to a few videos i can amateurishly imagine how someone who does not feel the need to be physically attractive or wants to be neutral to repel attention can turn out looking gender "fuzzy". 

This is a good way to put it. That could explain why, in my young adulthood, I was so often mistaken for a man.

I never felt anything but female--if only vaguely, like just a wisp of consciousness inhabiting some star stuff requiring maintenance as a female. Having lots of clothing sensitivities, I wore baggy clothes and rarely bothered with makeup. Even though my hair was almost long enough to sit on, I was frequently called "sir" at my work and several times in public heard a child ask their parent whether I was a man or woman. At the park one day a kid whispered the question, even though I was wearing a bow in my hair.

Today I'm old and probably manlier than ever. But sticking a long hippie skirt on under my baggy t-shirt did wonders to clear up the confusions of simple folk.

I read ur replies today. Feedback...Well the 2 versions of asex't is me learning & juggling with impressions. I have seen some people using it like that on youtube. So many asexuals seem queer or doubtful, this at is an odd thing. The general population is 10% if i remember...but i will not harp on that, just answering back. To each his own. Happy go lucky. There is one thing that bites me funny is hearing people say they masturbate say what ? That seems like a contradiction if practiced regularly, but again what do i know :)

I think the reason you see so many queer people identifying is ace is simply because there's way more awareness about it in queer spaces. It's considered a part of the LGBT+ umbrella but it's not "mainstream" enough to be mentioned even in LGBT-inclusive sex-ed. Most cishet people aren't aware that asexuality is a thing and thus can't use the label for themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...
Princess KittenSparkles

Your post is a bit difficult to understand but I think you are confused on some things. Gender and sexuality are two separate things.

1. Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. Depending on the context, these characteristics may include biological sex, sex-based social structures, or gender identity.

Sexuality: 

noun
  1. capacity for sexual feelings.

In other words, your sexual attraction and/or sexual preference in choosing a partner(s). 

If I am reading your post right, it sounds like you are confusing both terms together and stating that some people use 'asexual' for genderfluidity which is wrong as 'asexuality' is a sexuality and not a gender. A lot of people tend to confuse both of these terms together so that is understandable. 

"Hetero asexuals" are individuals who lack sexual attraction but have hetero-romantic attraction to the opposite sex. This is romantic attraction which is different from gender and sexuality. 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:57 AM, wayGone said:

There is one thing that bites me funny is hearing people say they masturbate say what ? That seems like a contradiction if practiced regularly, but again what do i know

I'm guessing you're point of view as libido is often associated with physical attraction to someone. Libido is a lot more than just attraction : it includes fantaisies, pleasure derived from the senses like touch and auto-erotism. For example, when I had long hair, it felt arousing to touch my own hair. I use masturbation to relieve such arousal. I'd have more to say on the subject but I will leave it at that as not to make my post too confusing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 12:57 AM, wayGone said:

I read ur replies today. Feedback...Well the 2 versions of asex't is me learning & juggling with impressions. I have seen some people using it like that on youtube. So many asexuals seem queer or doubtful, this at is an odd thing. The general population is 10% if i remember...but i will not harp on that, just answering back. To each his own. Happy go lucky. There is one thing that bites me funny is hearing people say they masturbate say what ? That seems like a contradiction if practiced regularly, but again what do i know :)

I've masturbated since my late teens. I found out and promptly identified as asexual when I was 44. I'm a 58 year old virgin. I (and other asexuals) enjoy masturbation for the pleasure that we derive from it).

I've seen some people conflate asexual sexuality with gender nonbinaryness (that is now a word). Based on anecdotes,I think one factor is that asexual people have some more gender confusion, since that is so undefined. I mean, it is more common than it seems to be with the general population. But the mixup is mostly just misconception. Asexuality is sexual attractoin. Being agender or nonbinary is something else entirely that isn't reliant on being asexual. Enbies can get their freak on, too.

Even though I may have failed miserably in being heterosexual, I never questioned my gender.

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!

I think maybe it's that people(like me) are raised/believe that gender is only important when it comes to attraction and since they aren't attracted at all, gender isn't important in any situation, including themselves.

Archived