Hi, i’m well questioning whether or not I’m asexual

Enabling:alovesong

Enabling:alovesong

So erm hi I’m 15 and I’m thinking I might be an asexual. I’m not going to bore you with my long story I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. 

Yes - I’ve had a boyfriend (about two years ago - we broke up because I hadn’t kissed him in the 4 months of dating )  and I go on plenty of dates but I never really go on a second 

Yes - I’ve kissed someone but that’s it and it PROPER freaked me out .

i know I’m not a romantic because all I’ve ever dreamed of was a perfect fairytale relationship - the ones you see in movies or read about in books . The ones that make you fall in love with the couple themselves - I want true love but thinking it about it now whenever anyone else describes true love it’s as if sex is an addition. I joke around with my friends because I’m the one who brings up  boys, relationship and I joke about sex but just to kind of fit in, but I find it strange how people put sex before love like yes I walked past hundred of boys and gone they are good looking or cute but my friends walk pads people and go “i’d Sleep with him” and I just don’t connect with that. 

I just kind of wanted to know if anyone had any similar experiences ? 

All I can ever advise is only doing what you are comfortable with. If you feel like you don't want to do things, don't do them. No one should be able to pressure you into a situation you aren't comfortable in. If, in many years, that leads to a life where you are asexual, all the better. Don't be afraid of anything, though.

Welcome! Have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰

Your experience is incredibly similar to mine (besides the fact that I’ve never really dated anyone). I’m definitely a sucker for fairy-tale romance and want romance for myself, but sex and physical attraction has just never been a part of it, and I didn’t notice until I tried on bisexuality and realized that didn’t fit.  And I’ve never liked all the sexualized relationship business. 

So yeah, I feel you. 

Welcome! Oh I’d recommend looking into Squishes and Queer Platonic Relationships (QPRs) as it might be the compromise that lets you have that fairytale ending without all the kissing :P 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

23 hours ago, Ella Joy said:

Welcome! Have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰

Your experience is incredibly similar to mine (besides the fact that I’ve never really dated anyone). I’m definitely a sucker for fairy-tale romance and want romance for myself, but sex and physical attraction has just never been a part of it, and I didn’t notice until I tried on bisexuality and realized that didn’t fit.  And I’ve never liked all the sexualized relationship business. 

So yeah, I feel you. 

Gosh Same here, never dated yet i like fairy tale romance but never sexually attracted to anyone 

Archived