Just started and hoping to learn how relationships work

97robot

Hello I learned about asexuality and being aromantic a couple years ago, I identify with being asexual but I'm still unsure on the romance orientation. I joined because I am in my 20s and I have not been on a date ever and I feel like I have no idea how to romance and relationships work. It seems like a foreign language honestly and I am very concerned about giving people the wrong idea. I would like a partner or companion or significant other...but I have no idea how to get one. I am also trying to work on social skills and I would like to meet people. 

Hello and welcome to AVEN!

I'm so happy we have another amazing member in our community!People here are awsome and super accepting and understanding.I'm sure you'll fit right in and be able to meet some new friends.

Don't worry about being socially awkward on here.Majority of the aces on here (that i've met so far) have been introverts.I myself am one too.

But don't worry.AVEN is like a little safespace for us socially awkward introverts.A little (h)AVEN (i'm sorry,i'll throw myself out).

Anyway,since you said you wanted to meet people,i'm always here,so if you ever feel like chating with somebody-you know where to find me.

Until then,have fun and make as many friends as you can on this site.Hope you enjoy your time on here😊💖

Welcome! Well I’d suggest looking into Squishes and Queer Platonic Relationships (QPRs). It might be something you)re interested in :) 

rich-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cake-85

Archived