Extremely Confused Teen

Lauren-k0v4

Umm, hi? This is my first time on this site and I’m not really sure how this works, but I guess I’m just looking for some input? I’m really confused as to my sexuality and not really sure as to how I could label myself? Anyways, I’ll try to explain:

I’ve always wanted to date guys, but the past few years, I’ve realized that I would also want to date girls as well. I also would like to kiss/make out with either gender. But here is where it gets tricky (for me at least). I’ve been sexually attracted to male friends, tv/movie characters, and just other guys I know well. But when it happens, it’s more of a “wow, he’s an amazing person, he’s hot, I’m wet...but I couldn’t imagine ACTUAL sex with this guy”. And pretty much the same thing with girls. Well then it gets more confusing. Because then there are random guys and girls that have that same effect.

In short, I’m confused as all hell. At this point I could be anything, straight, bi, ace, demi, etc. Tempted to just label myself as “Confused Homosapien” XD. But for real, any tips, insights, or research topics to help me would be appreciated. 

Hello Lauren, and welcome, grab some cake 🍰

I literally support the "Confused Homosapiens" as the best option!

However, if we're talking truth, labeling yourslef has as many bad sides as good ones. You seem to see boys and girls the same way, do you? You are bi- then. If you want to engage in romantic things, you'de be a bi-romantic person. 

You stated you did experience sexual attraction to guys (and later girls as well), but don't want to have sex with any of them. There is a word for a situation like this, but TBH, I can recall it (sooo many freaking labels). What you later explained I find to better suit the definition of arousal, rather than attraction, but it's just my personal view on the matter. 

My tip; try looking up meanings of all the different labels acespec people use, and check the ones that you feel fit you. Other than that, don't get overly into figuring out what you are and are not to the pin point; be you and live life, for most of us it gets at least a bit more clear as we grow.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Hello Lauren, and welcome, grab some cake 🍰

I literally support the "Confused Homosapiens" as the best option!

However, if we're talking truth, labeling yourslef has as many bad sides as good ones. You seem to see boys and girls the same way, do you? You are bi- then. If you want to engage in romantic things, you'de be a bi-romantic person. 

You stated you did experience sexual attraction to guys (and later girls as well), but don't want to have sex with any of them. There is a word for a situation like this, but TBH, I can recall it (sooo many freaking labels). What you later explained I find to better suit the definition of arousal, rather than attraction, but it's just my personal view on the matter. 

My tip; try looking up meanings of all the different labels acespec people use, and check the ones that you feel fit you. Other than that, don't get overly into figuring out what you are and are not to the pin point; be you and live life, for most of us it gets at least a bit more clear as we grow.

Thank you for the response, I think I’ll do just that. A little acespec research might be in order. 😁

Just now, Karst said:

No problem.  Welcome to AVEN, by the way!

Haha, thanks! Very interested to look around a bit more! Seems like a great place! 😊

Archived