coming out to friend

TermsofBeing

I came out to my friend today and it went really well yet,  now I feel weird about it. It feels dumb worrying about it when nothing went wrong. It feels as if I lost something even though nothing changed.

UnknownCaller

I'm happy it went well!! I also came out to a friend today and she was super chill about it. I get that worrying feeling, but for me it also feels like a weight off my chest. I can finally think about other things now, ya know? 

Can I ask what you're worried about?

I hope you feel better :) and feel free to message me if you wanna talk about it or just chat

Janus the Fox

The worry of loss could be just that, just a worry.  The worry of losing support or friends is a common worry after coming out as an example :)

21 hours ago, TermsofBeing said:

I came out to my friend today and it went really well yet,  now I feel weird about it. It feels dumb worrying about it when nothing went wrong. It feels as if I lost something even though nothing changed.

Don't feel like a silly goose, your feelings were\are valid and your friend could of easily reacted in a different manner to your coming out.

Archived