New Moderator Needed: Questions about Asexuality and Open Mic: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Questions about Asexuality Co-Moderator and Open Mic Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. You may run for only one election at a time.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 20 February to Thursday, 27 February: Nominations.

Thursday, 27 February to Sunday, 1 March: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 1 March to Sunday, 8 March: Voting.

@LeChat, I am looking into this. Can you give me a moment

Janus the Fox

Yes, it's co-modded, this time with Open Mic attached to it.

History repeats itself and thus I'll run once more 😛

34 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@LeChat, I am looking into this. Can you give me a moment

:) Sure. No problem; I don't expect responses right away.

30 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Yes, it's co-modded, this time with Open Mic attached to it...

Sure. Yes; I see that's listed for this new election, but the election from around two weeks ago didn't appear to list that for the "Questions About Asexuality" forum. That one just mentioned that someone will mod both the "Questions About Asexuality" forum and the "Site Comments" forum.

I was just surprised that it seemed that the forum suddenly changed to co-mod, recently (or, unless, perhaps, it was always a co-mod position and just was accidently not mentioned as one for the previous election).

It's nothing serious; I was just a bit surprised and confused because it was starting to seem as though there are a lot of elections for the same positions, a lot of unexpected turnover, like "Huh? The position is open, again? I thought we just voted on that, recently. Did a new mod decide they didn't want to be one or mod that forum, after only a week or two?"

51 minutes ago, LeChat said:

I was just surprised that it seemed that the forum suddenly changed to co-mod, recently (or, unless, perhaps, it was always a co-mod position and just was accidently not mentioned as one for the previous election).

It's had a co mod for quite a while now. First time I was a mod here was co mod for Q&A back in 2016.

1 hour ago, Timeless said:

Basically N8 replaced FaerieFate and the other co-mod recently stepped down. It's purely coincidental that this happened at the same time :) 

Oh. Okay. Since the previous election thread didn't list that forum as being a co-mod forum, I thought N8 would be the sole moderator for it; so, when I saw this new election, with the forum now being listed as a co-mod one, I was confused and thought that, maybe, it'd meant that N8 either left the newly appointed position after one or two weeks of trying it out, or had moved to a different forum, after being elected.

5 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Oh. Okay. Since the previous election thread didn't list that forum as being a co-mod forum, I thought N8 would be the sole moderator for it; so, when I saw this new election, with the forum now being listed as a co-mod one, I was confused and thought that, maybe, it'd meant that N8 either left the newly appointed position after one or two weeks of trying it out, or had moved to a different forum, after being elected.

Oh, no. If someone with experience like myself wants to solo it, they can. However, Q&A is a lot of work. Someone without a lot of time and experience just couldn't do it. 

I have a lot of confidence that N8 will be great to work with, though, if you're concerned with working with someone. Mostly co-modded forums just means there's a high post count so it makes it easier for ask the threads and posts to be monitored. 

8 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Yes, it's co-modded, this time with Open Mic attached to it.

History repeats itself and thus I'll run once more 😛

Spoiler

YAY!! 😁

Another fox would be a perfect partner!!

Janus the Fox
5 hours ago, N8LV3y said:
  Hide contents

YAY!! 😁

Another fox would be a perfect partner!!

Perfect company for all Admodly animal types 😛

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

:P I wish all who run good luck,now I'm slithering back to AVENues with coffee 

Archived