Hello, I’m new.

Maria Jose

Hello. My name is Maria-José but y’all can call me MJ. I just came out as a Asexual after realizing for long time that I wasn’t heterosexual and I’m still learning about my identity as asexual. Can anyone teach me? 
I know that I was different due to the fact that I had sexual relations with men more than 5 years ago however I was never interested or intrigued by it. And I wasn’t really bothered that I didn’t have sex in long time. I’m really comfortable with it.

Welcome to AVEN @Maria Jose

Here is some cake for you.

Some asexuals already had sex in the past: asexuals are not all sex repulsed but they just don't feel any need for partnered sex.

slice-rainbow-cake-decorated-fresh-berri

Hello and welcome to AVEN!

People here are absolutely amazing!They are friendly,welcoming and accepting.I'm sure you'll be able to make many friends on here.

If you ever need to talk to somebody,i'm always here.Until then,explore this website and learn more about yourself as well as your sexuality but don't forget to have fun😊💖

untr_ace_able

Hi MJ I'm new as well. And nervous to begin this journey that I tried to never travel. I wished and tried to have fun when having sex but definitely haven't. I'm married and yes, I have sex (once/week) and happy that my husband (a wonderful man and friend!) never forced me for more (even though -i know- he wished for more). What about your former relationships? Will be lovely to have a travelpartner!

Cheers, Sunny70  

@Sunny70 Hello and welcome to AVEN!

I believe i haven't greeted you yet so here it is now.

This community is just amazing.People here are super accepting and understanding.I'm sure you'll be able to make many friends on here.

If you ever need anyone to talk to,i'm always here.Until then,good luck with your marriage and have fun while on here😊💖

letusdeleteouraccounts

Welcome 🍰 I’ll give some information:

Spoiler

Asexuals (aces for short) don’t experience sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is a desire towards someone to have sexual intimacy with them. Some asexuals have had sex or still have sex for various reasons. Some have even experienced sexual attraction in the past but no longer experience it. Some asexuals can be aroused by people, masturbate, and fantasize but still have no desire towards the person to “sleep” with them. We call the latter asexuals, autochorissxuals.

Not experiencing sexual attraction doesn’t mean that you can’t fall in love, we call it romantic attraction and about 3/4 of the ace community experiences it. The rest are called aromantics or aros for short. A good amount of us aros experience the platonic version of the feelings non-aromantics experience. Platonic crushes (AKA squishes) and platonic love are just crushes and love without romantic nor sexual intentions and desires and they also, of course, aren’t limited to just aros/aces.

Many aromantics (or people in general) also experience aesthetic attraction and sensual attraction. Aesthetic attraction is to generally find someone attractive or good looking. Sensual attraction is to desire, towards someone, sensual contact such as hugs, cuddles, or maybe even kisses. Many of us would like to have platonic partnerships where we’re committed to a person but not romantically or sexually. This type of relationship may or may not be inclusive of sensuality.

Hiya!!

Moving this thread from Questions about Asexuality to Welcome Lounge.

-N8LV3y

On 2/19/2020 at 4:36 PM, Saphoune said:

Some asexuals already had sex in the past: asexuals are not all sex repulsed but they just don't feel any need for partnered sex.

On 2/19/2020 at 4:36 PM, Saphoune said:

Wow that’s very informative and I’m glad that you explain it very clearly. As I mentioned earlier that I had sexual experiences in the past, I never feel any desires to continue with it. Which caused me to have conflicted feelings because I will often mistake the need to have intimacy with the partner for developing feelings to that person.

Archived