I Think I'm Grey-Romantic?

Desiderium

Hiya, friends! So, recently I'm starting to seriously think that I'm grey-romantic?? I've never had a crush before (I've always faked them so I could fit in), I feel little to no romantic attraction to anybody, and I honestly think that flirting is kinda gross?? But at the same time, I love the idea of being in love and being in a relationship, but I've never been able to connect those feelings to a person.  And the most ironic part- I adore love stories! I like reading them, writing them, but the idea of romantic love in relation to me is just...foreign??

What do you guys think?

wolf_of_the_pack_

I actually feel kind of the same way! The idea of being in a relationship sounds nice, but yeah, flirting and dating sound awful. And yes, love stories are always fun to read and write. I can't say that I am a grey-romantic because I have had actual crushes. But I don't really think you are grey-romantic, because what than means is that you infrequently experience romantic attraction, and it seems like you don't ever have romantic attraction, which is aromantic. I think you might be wanting a more platonic relationship, which is a very intimate and affectionate relationship, but has no sex or romantic stuff. But yeah, maybe look into aromanticism, because that might help lead to what you want to identify as💜

Have you considered cupioromantic? 

Or you might just not have developed those feelings towards anyone yet. 

But obviously I can't know what's going on in your head, so it's ultimately up to you what to identify as.

I hope you find your answer :) 

DarkStormyKnight

Hi! I'm gray-romantic as well! Sounds like you could be similar, or definitely aro-spec to some degree. Plenty of aros enjoy love stories or want to be in a relationship, and the fact that you said you experience "little to no" romantic attraction strikes me as rather gray. But I don't know! Really only you can choose what you want to identify as. :) 

Archived