How normal is this

Sammmmmmies

so I just started a new relationship, I’m demi and I have both a romantic and sexual attraction to my partner. Which is great, and doesn’t always happen, so I’m real stoked about that but I’ve noticed this thing and I’ve been wondering how common it is among people. 
when I am not physically around my partner/can’t visually see them, I feel almost no attraction at all. 
is this normal? 
I am a busy person so after a day for minimal contact I start to question if I like them at all, and then I see them again and my head is like ‘oh right! Yea I totally wanna cuddle them! Nvm we’re good!’

It seems incredibly fast to be getting over someone? If that’s what’s happening? 

It mainly just means you're strongly visually oriented (which is just how some people are, myself included in some ways, and they can't necessarily help that), but it also doesn't speak a whole lot to the strength of your relationship if merely one day outside of physical sight/proximity is enough to make you wonder if you even like the person.

There's such a thing as people growing apart if they're physically separated for too long, but it usually takes a lot more than just one day.

everywhere and nowhere

Quoting from memory:

"Normal". Why is that what you want your sexuality to be? Don't you want to be extraordinary?

- Emily Nagoski

1 hour ago, Sammmmmmies said:

I am a busy person so after a day for minimal contact I start to question if I like them at all

"Liking" as in ... feeling emotionally close to them, or desiring physical contact? I'm a little confused.

"Normal". Why is that what you want your sexuality to be? Don't you want to be extraordinary?

After long enough of being made to feel like a freak/broken, there's probably many who would settle for normal.

(Not speaking of the OP or their situation specifically; just in general)

Well,i've personally never heard of anything like this...I don't really think this is normal,but i could be wrong.After all,I'm not a doctor.Have you tried talking to somebody?Or maybe your partner?

I get this too but it extendes to everything, friends, family, fun places, its a little anoying cause you have a great time with friends and family then the next day you don't really want to see them again even tho you know as a gut feeling that you still like hanging out with them

19 hours ago, T.Hunter said:

I get this too but it extendes to everything, friends, family, fun places, its a little anoying cause you have a great time with friends and family then the next day you don't really want to see them again even tho you know as a gut feeling that you still like hanging out with them

I get this a lot.  Can hang with friends every day for a week and have an amazing time, but shortly after we part I feel nothing towards them and it wouldn't bother me at all if I never saw them again.   Almost feel like even though things were great I was still a burden to them and it would just be better if I wasn't there.

As for my partner,  it took a long time to reassure myself that this was not the case.  However when we are apart for extended periods of time it's not the attractions that I miss with them, it's the company and companionship that I miss.  I also tend to go funny in the head when we meet again.   Can't think straight,  fuzzy thinking,  just kind of in awe and love of their presents.  I know that's not a normal thing for most people but it's what I experience. 

Archived