Aro / Ace label's help? TMI'ish

YiiK

[note: I'm assigned female at birth - cant take birth control due to side effects]

Rn I just use Aro / ace - lesbian as they'r just the "straight to the point" labels, but I'm just curious to what my "official" labels are - if there's labels for my situation.

I technically do get romantic attractions but very rarely (only 2 so far) - but I can't go through with a relationship because once in one, it just becomes smothering / overwhelming and I start to resent the person.

So I get attraction and in theory I like it, but in practice it's horrible.

I did think some kinda greyromantic but that usually applies to also getting into a relationship (or at least everyone who seems to use it still get's into relationships)

With sexual attraction it's far more confusing.

--TMI'ish--

I do get sexual desires at times but it's usually triggered by my period or sometimes sexual imagery, and when I've had sex, after I've not felt too good - and about 40% of the time with masturbation too.

I think I feel like this because it's [getting aroused] not my choice. It's 100% determined by my shitty hormones and impulsivity - so if I had no hormones (and lacked ADHD) I'd probably be 100% ace. 

Is there a label for something like this or do I stick to Ace?

I try not to worry about specific labels too much. If it fits your current lifestyle and you feel comfortable with that identity, there isn't a purity test to pass, nor is there a permanent selection to be made. I'm confused about some other labels too, and thinking about it too much is counterproductive. Let your feelings define the labels, not the other way around. They are mostly just shorthand for communicating desires to other people, after all.

I’d say look into Lithromantic as a term. Also it is possible to be asexual and have a libido. The difference is that the libido is just hormones and stuff due to your brain recognising “sexual stimuli” I.e. images, but you don’t experience sexual attraction towards a specific person :) 

Archived