Am I demiromantic?

nagyeszterrrka

nagyeszterrrka

Hey, do you think I am demiromantic?

I've had only one crush, once whi was my classmate and I've known him for 8 years, I could kinda call him a friend. 

I've never been in a relationship and I am not dreaming about one. I can totally imagine my life without romance. 

I also get uncomfortable when others talk about their love life and I see someone kissing. And no, it's not jealousy at all. I don't want it. I just feel uncomfortable when I see two people sharing their intimate moments with the world or with me. I don't know if you know this feeling, but I just feel like I wanna disappear in those situations.

So... Do you think I am demiromantic? I am pretty sure I am not romantic at all.

I think you might be demi-romantic. The fact that leads me to believe so is that you had a crush, which means you do form some sort of romantic feelings. And the fact that you developed a crush after knowing a person for a long time (also I think after 8 years of knowing each other you can definitely call him a friend 😀).  Unless maybe it could have been a squish and not a crush? That would explain why you don't want a relationship and your other feelings that could be more aromantic. 

rainbowocollie

Do you think your crush might have been a squish instead? Squishes are very much like crushes, except you just want to be super duper bestest buddies for life instead of dreaming of marrying them and doing all the romantic things. If so, you're probably aromantic!

But if it was a crush, then ya, you sound demiromantic to me. I ID as demiromantic as well. Welcome to the club!

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations

Laurann, 

Archived