How do you deal with men who want to hook up with you or ask you out?

Chloe88

nutterwithasolderingiron
11 hours ago, Chloe88 said:

I don't disagree with you but I did report it to the taxi company and they dismissed it. What else can I do?  I could have and I still can report it to the council but I doubt they'd listen.

say if they dont take it seriously, you'll tell the local paper

Catcallers and gimme-your-number guys can be really nasty. I usually respond with assertive but still polite “no, I don’t know you, please leave” type responses and watch out for any buddies they might have hanging around. Usually showing them that you’re not afraid and will stand your ground does the trick, although it’s a delicate balance because too much confidence could provoke a fight.

Okay not really of an example but sort of?? 

Back in college, before I understood what asexuality was, there was a guy who was interested in me. I'd known him for about three years at that point, very kind, funny, has similar interests. Now I was super confused as to why I did not reciprocate his feelings because I thought I wanted his attention! So i was kinda feeling upset and confused but I sort of just kept my distance from him and didn't respond to his messages a whole lot. not completely ghosting him but just not giving him the time he was looking for.

So one night, I believe Halloween, my friend was out drinking and when she drinks she gets upset about her boyfriend. I was probably in bed at the time, but my friend goes to this guys room wanting to call her ex. he's telling her no and she hangs out with him for a bit. They end up hooking up (and yes I asked her about her being able to consent at the time due to her drinking but she said she had sobered up a bit by then and I trust her)
She comes to me the next day all quiet, wanting to talk to me about something. She is super upset because she thought I liked this guy and that she knew he was trying to get with me. I remember having this big grind on my face and the weighted feeling on my shoulders lift up. I told her I was actually super happy with these  turn of events because now I could tell this guy I don't date people who had sex with my best friends. 

My friend was super confused as to why I wasn't upset, she actually asked me to be mad at her lol. 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, Gwaeren said:

although it’s a delicate balance because too much confidence could provoke a fight

Nowadays people are happy to fight or stab someone for a silly reason and that is a real danger.

Archived