Aphobia in the aroallo community

goth.aro.guy

Basically, my question is, have you seen aphobia in the aroallo community before? I certainly have with aroaces and alloromantic asexuals acting as if they’re above us because we experience sexual attraction. I’m not saying all of you, but I’ve definitely seen it on tumblr communities before.

wolf_of_the_pack_

Okay, I'm sorry, but your question is confusing me. Are you asking if aro/allo people have shown aphobia (which to my understanding, is the fear or hatred of asexual or aromantic people) in the community before? Because I really don't think that aromantic and asexual people are acting above other asexual people because they don't like sex? I'm sorry that I'm not getting what you are saying, but I could maybe give you some better feedback if your question was worded differently?

I can't say I have any experience with the aroallo community personally, but it wouldn't surprise me that there would be aces who act like they're above aromantic allosexuals, just because there always seems to be people who feel like whatever community they happen to be a part of is superior to other communities. Generally speaking, those kinds of elitist attitudes are discouraged here on AVEN, but the people who hold those elitist attitudes are still going to exist and they're going to make their feelings known somewhere.

10 hours ago, wolf_of_the_pack_ said:

Okay, I'm sorry, but your question is confusing me. Are you asking if aro/allo people have shown aphobia (which to my understanding, is the fear or hatred of asexual or aromantic people) in the community before? Because I really don't think that aromantic and asexual people are acting above other asexual people because they don't like sex? I'm sorry that I'm not getting what you are saying, but I could maybe give you some better feedback if your question was worded differently?

Oh yes, I made a typo by accident. My apologies. I meant have you seen or experienced what I presume would be aphobia (correct me if I’m wrong) from aroaces or alloromantic aces to aromantic allosexuals.

10 hours ago, LeChat said:

I'm guessing there might've been a typo, somewhere.

Thank you for telling me! I did, my apologies.

Janus the Fox

With any group, there always be a group within that’s not on board with the concepts or even take it too far.

Archived