I Never Even Knew This Had a Name

GreyOwl79

Hi. So... I just discovered this existed less than 24 hours ago because of a thread on a non-related subreddit. Someone suggested to another poster that they may be ace or demi and I had to google it and found grey. Now I'm curious.

I'm not sexually active. I'm attracted to males sort of. Once in a very blue moon I am attracted to a female. Has only happened twice, and I'm 40. So I consider myself straight.

I never act on any attraction because I have no desire to have children and am not at all interested in sex. Actually, the thought of having sex makes me sick to my stomach a little. I do, however, desire companionship, which isn't easy to come by when there's no interest in actually having sex. Also, I'm not the touchiest of people. I'm that person you have to ask before you can handle me. And people have been stunned at a no response before. 

I don't know if I fit in here or if it is something else. I don't know where to go to find out, or who to talk to, or what this means for me. Really, I don't even know what to ask. So, I'm going to hang out and see what I can learn. Thanks for having me!

Writer In The Forest

Welcome! 🎂

I wish you best of luck in figuring yourself out, this site is a great place to learn more and interact with some amazing people in the same situation (or different, everyone's really nice ;P) 

16 minutes ago, GreyOwl79 said:

I'm that person you have to ask before you can handle me

Pretty sure that should be a given. There are definition resources and lots of similar experienced people here. Welcome. 🍰

Welcome! Well I’d definitely recommend AVEN as a place to figure things out. The people here are good at helping you figure out stuff for yourself and letting you come to your own conclusions based on how you actually feel rather than how you’re expected to feel. 

birthday_cake_for_friends_wallpaper-othe

2 hours ago, Silence4now said:

Pretty sure that should be a given. 

Wish it was. I get hugged regularly without consent. I really wish more people would ask first. 

31 minutes ago, GreyOwl79 said:

Wish it was. I get hugged regularly without consent. I really wish more people would ask first. 

That is just wrong you know. I hope you find a way to stop that. Personal space is so critical to me. I would probably have an attack. People asked me out when I said I was getting divorced. I'm like "Sure just let me scrape the last bits of my soul off the bottom of my exes shoes and I'm all yours." oddly no one asks now. Score one for cynicism. 

Archived