I...think I'm on the spectrum

Cattywampus

It feels weird to be considering this here in my 30's, but here I am. I was curious about sex when I was younger, but once I had it I wasn't really impressed with it. I've never craved it, never looked at an attractive person and thought of them sexually, never understood people when they talked about their overwhelming passions and desires, never had sexual fantasies, etc. It's just been a thing I do because partners expect it and that's just what couples do. I used to try and fake enthusiasm for it, but I just can't anymore. I'd be happy to never have it again, but that's not really fair to my spouse after all this time.

I think I'm panromantic though because I do feel romantic love for people I've grown really close to. I like the companionship, hugs, cuddling and such, I just don't want sexual interactions.

Welcome! I hope you can find some advice on this forum, there are at least a few about mixed relationships (ace+allo). I'm curious if you've looked into the demiromantic area? It's custom to give cakes to new members so, here's a cake! 

cake5.jpg

Feel free to ask if you need any help, especially with this site!

I am in my 40s, been married for 10 years this year (2nd marriage), and am in the same place you are.  Never been impressed by sex, never really wanted anything to do with it, just did it because I thought that is what you were supposed to do, and all my partners reinforced that.  Welcome, I hope you are able to find some direction and answers to your questions.  In the mean time, CAKE!!!!

cookies-and-cream-cake-square-1.jpg

Welcome! The one that really got me was realising the hot meant “I’m sexually attracted to them” and not “they are aesthetically pleasing” 😓

mouth_watering_cake-other.jpg

On 2/14/2020 at 8:43 AM, schnln said:

It feels weird to be considering this here in my 30's, but here I am. I was curious about sex when I was younger, but once I had it I wasn't really impressed with it. I've never craved it, never looked at an attractive person and thought of them sexually, never understood people when they talked about their overwhelming passions and desires, never had sexual fantasies, etc. It's just been a thing I do because partners expect it and that's just what couples do.

You'll fit right in here :) Welcome!

Archived