Femestella — Let's Talk Asexuality: Every Question You Ever Had About Asexuality Answered

Homer

According to researchers at Brock University, at least 1% of the human population is considered to be asexual.

Yet, within the media, asexuals remain highly underrepresented, especially within discussions around sex and sexuality. Oftentimes, it seems that even within queer or straight communities, asexuals continue to be the unseen minority.

Feb 13, 2020 — http://www.femestella.com/what-is-asexuality-david-jay-aven-interview/

I serioiusly wonder why AVEN's front page doesn't reflect what's being said in the interview. :huh: 

17 minutes ago, CBC said:

'Femestella' sounds like an unsightly bacterial skin condition, or maybe a feminine hygiene product.

I was thinking "dominatrix name" myself

Really not quite sure why, as I couldn't actually name a single one of them...

Thanks, for the link!

I really liked the points about intersectionality, not only about how the lack of racial, disability, etc. representation in T.V. shows will affect how others might see aces or the stereotypes others might continue to believe, but also how some aces already have some type of intersecting, LGBT+ "queerness" (for lack of a better word) where they've grown up experiencing things like bullying, others' fear of them, discrimination, etc. due to being different from others in their family/ local community, and consider themselves a part of the LGBT+ community.

Archived