Events, groups, and informationals

Save4Ace

Hello everyone! I am volunteering as a events and outreach coordinator for an Ottawa, Ontario, Canada local LGBT+ support and event organization Kind Space, and I am looking for some assistance.

I need some ideas for interesting and new events we can run to promote to organization and help out the community. It doesn't need to be ace themed, but I am personally biased towards creating a safe space for the community.

Any idea is a good idea! And I am open to stealing  borrowing any ideas from events that might happen in your home town. Please feel free to give me any idea you have, or let me know if there is a better place for me to ask this question.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi. I wasn't sure whether or not you were looking for ideas from locals, only, but I looked through some of your organization's events, to get an idea of what you're already doing.

Well, I know that the nearest local LGBT+ group likes to, sometimes, have parties (e.g. Prom parties for LGBT+ teens, if they're not "out" at school or their school has a strict, binary, gender dress code--where the school doesn't allow AFAB youth to dress in a suit or doesn't allow AMAB youth to wear a dress--and won't allow them to dress in the clothes they want to).

I think they also have a Halloween party every year, too.

Adult, LGBT+ members have a weekly potluck.

Any idea is great. I am looking for some interesting and exciting ways to include the community. There are already a lot of organizations that provide events and activities for the LGBT+ community; but if there was anything people would like to see that hasn't been done before, or a cool/fun event you have participated in the past you would like to see again. Doesn't have to be Ottawa local; like I said, I am open to all types of suggestions. If any Ottawa local people see this and would like to give ideas or participate in the organization process, that would be welcome!

Archived