Did your attitude about possibly having sex change over time?

everywhere and nowhere

Changes to attitudes about having sex  

128 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe your attitude about having sex? (see definitions below)

• sex-favourable
    • sex-indifferent
    • sex-averse
    • sex-repulsed
    • unsure or somewhere in between two possibilities
  2. 2. Has your attitude about possibly having sex changed over time, regardless of whether it has been "tested" in a relationship or remains mostly theoretic?

• Yes - I have become MORE willing to have sex.
    • Yes - I have become LESS willing to have sex.
    • No, it has remained mostly unchanged.
    • I'm still not sure about it.

This poll is closed to new votes

notfeelingit98

I originally thought I was sex-repulsed ace (when I was abt 15yo). When I hot older, I experienced sexual attraction suddenly. To like, two people total.

So I think I wasn't entirely wrong. It's just that I'm probably something in the likes of demisexual. And since I did not have any emotional connections strong enough to allow sexual attraction to exist, I concluded I was sex-repulsed as a teen. (And I would only have sex with a person that I have said connection to, of course. Anyone else just isn't desirable for me in that way.)

Princess KittenSparkles

Whoops...I should've answered here instead of at the other forum hahaa. I'll quote what I said over there:

SO I saw your poll and my answer to your question is that my willingness to want sex is still unchanged. However, EVERYTHING ELSE surrounding sex (physical touch, fetishes, kinks, deep kissing, music, sexual innuendos, movies, sexual dancing, foreplay, etc.) does not bother me now and I am actually quite comfortable with it.

So...Did my attitude change about sex? Sure, 100%. Would I ever be willing to have sex? No...not at all. So it's a yes and a no for me lol. 

The older I got, the more I realized that the world around me will not change and I will be the one who has to change and become comfortable with the hypersexuality around me if I want to 'survive'. So I did and now I feel more comfortable with my surroundings and less anxious.

However. The action of sex and it involving me has always felt disgusting to me so that opinion has not changed, no matter how much I have tried to change it in the past. So my asexuality is "here to stay". I don't know if that makes sense? To feel more comfortable with sexual themes but not sex itself? I still have never felt sexual attraction towards another person, had sexual thoughts/dreams, or desires for it. I could go on my entire life without ever having it and I would be alright. 

OptimisticPessimist

Nope, i'm sex repulsed when it comes to myself. 

• 11 months later...

@Nowhere Girl

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived