The necessity of Asexual Content - Why I make art

Hools

HIIII!

I'm mostly just a reader from behind a screen but I'm so grateful for this forum because it really helps me re-justify my own identity. I think I speak for any asexual identifying person, the feeling you get when you talk to another Ace is not something you can really describe to anyone who isn't.

And that is why I will not stop sharing my voice. Last year I created a solo show about my journey through my sexuality and romantic relationships (I'm in Toronto) and I was overwhelmed with the amount of Ace's who came out to support, and talk to me after, as well as so many people who don't identify as such but helped them understand a little bit of the feeling of being Ace. I'm always seeking more ways to find content, and for that I cling to Bojack/Sex Education for even the slightest representation, however unreliable it may be, or glossed over it may be shown. 

So with that I'm currently working on a short film about a female in her twenties, and how she discovers her asexuality while living in a very hyper-sexual world. I have a very great team of humans on board, though no one else who is Ace, and I would very much love to get feedback or even just a read of the script from someone who is Ace, so I can feel like it's being represented in a way that not only makes sense to me, but is being done in a way that's not excluding anyone. 

If anyone is interested in hearing more, or is of a creative mind with the potential of sharing their opinion, feel free to give me a shout on here, or you can find me on instagram (@hollyiswyder). I just hope to one day live in a world where when I say I'm asexual people don't look at me like they're constipated. 

DarkStormyKnight

Hey I'd be down to take a look or help out!

Also you're in Toronto? I'm out in Michigan so not super far away! Wish I knew about your show.

Archived