mintteaa

35 minutes ago, mintteaa said:

If you're endlessly analyzing whether or not you want to have sex with someone, does that probably mean you don't?

This is what my experience was like when in situations where I could develop a sexual relationship with a person. It turned out I didn't want sex after all...but instead of realizing I was asexual, I just started endlessly analyzing what went wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

41 minutes ago, mintteaa said:

I have a couple of questions for people who experience sexual attraction. 

If you want to have sex with someone, do you just internally know?

Sorta. I knew I was OK with sex with my wife but wasnt sure I wanted it. I had to experiment with her to figure it out. 

Guest xAveryx

I do have some questions about sexual attraction too, maybe i can join with these questions:)

1. Can you experience attraction with people you just saw for the first time? Like walking in a bar and thinking "wow he / she is hot etc." or does it take longer? 

2. Do you really have physical reaction to people without physical "stimulation" like movies and books show?

Sorry if that are a bit intimate questions, I just don't know what real life is and what a complete exaggeration from movies and books..

19 hours ago, xAveryx said:

I do have some questions about sexual attraction too, maybe i can join with these questions:)

1. Can you experience attraction with people you just saw for the first time? Like walking in a bar and thinking "wow he / she is hot etc." or does it take longer? 

2. Do you really have physical reaction to people without physical "stimulation" like movies and books show?

Sorry if that are a bit intimate questions, I just don't know what real life is and what a complete exaggeration from movies and books..

So I'm going to define a scale of sexual arousal/attraction where zero is nothing, one is "gee, they look/sound/smell nice, I'd like to see/hear/smell more" and ten is "we're having sex right now, and it's wonderful." I'm also fond of the accelerator/brake model of sexual attraction, since I have a fair number of brakes engaged at any point in time.

1. If someone hits all of my buttons, I'll experience a 1 or a 2 at first sight.
  2. Sure. The biggest erogenous organ is the brain after all, so fantasy can go a long way. For me, about a 5 or 6, maybe a 7 in rare circumstances. Some rare people can think themselves to climax, but I can't. Generally I try not to indulge in fantasies about real people though because I have healthy boundaries, which have grown more solid with age.

Archived