naakka

Your top ways to connect with someone?

Anthracite_Impreza

Well, this thread went to weird places.

56 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Ace with psychopathic tastes

With you there :ph34r:

CBC

Fwiw I'm actually sitting here testing that out, laughing at nothing, and I've decided it's best described as an "I'm being a vaguely derisive arsehole" laugh. It's still difficult to do without smiling a bit though.

1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Well, this thread went to weird places.

Honestly that's 75% of the reason I'm still here. For the weird thread derailments.

• Like 2

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, CBC said:

Honestly that's 75% of the reason I'm still here.

The remaining 25% is corgis.

Philip027

Fwiw I'm actually sitting here testing that out, laughing at nothing,

Sometimes when I'm alone I like to suddenly fixate on some random corner of the room, and then proclaim something like "I know you're watching," as if there were some sort of hidden camera there.  If there IS someone there spying on me, I'll totally freak them the hell out!  But if there isn't... nobody's gonna know, so no harm done.  Either way, I win!

• Like 3

CBC
1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

The remaining 25% is corgis.

Close. 20% maybe. The remaining 5%, I can't tell you or I'd have to kill you. (That makes me sound interesting and mysterious, right?)

4 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Sometimes when I'm alone I like to suddenly fixate on some random corner of the room, and then proclaim something like "I know you're watching," as if there were some sort of hidden camera there.  If there IS someone there spying on me, I'll totally freak them the hell out!  But if there isn't... nobody's gonna know, so no harm done.  Either way, I win!

I hope you weren't wrong and somewhere there are hours' worth of footage of this.

• Like 1

CBC

I sincerely have no life, holy fuck. Enjoy a recording of me doing the laugh-without-smiling thing.

• Like 1

naakka
4 hours ago, CBC said:

Honestly that's 75% of the reason I'm still here. For the weird thread derailments.

Randomity is often the best amusement 😆 I remember when I was more active on another forum where off-topic was strictly forbidden but people did it anyway so the poor admins constantly had their hands full of work 🙈

CBC

Haha yeah, well I guess we're encouraged not to do it here as well.

Personally, if someone can't or won't derail a thread with me, I probably don't like them. I don't like externally-imposed rules and I don't much like people who insist on following them. -_-

I wonder if one could get a warning if they tried to intentionally derail multiple threads? Not gonna try to find out, though. I'm sitting in that happy place of only one active warning and don't much want a second one and a two-week suspension.

• Like 2

Anthracite_Impreza
26 minutes ago, CBC said:

Personally, if someone can't or won't derail a thread with me, I probably don't like them.

You've just made me realise the one commonality between me and all my friends xD

• Like 2

ryn2

Discussion happens!

• Like 3

CBC
3 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

You've just made me realise the one commonality between me and all my friends xD

I definitely believe it, haha. Mild shit stirring via derailment is an appealing quality. :P 

3 hours ago, ryn2 said:

Discussion happens!

Yeah. I mean, I know why you're not supposed to stray too far off topic, it makes sense, but I enjoy the social nature of the forums. It's different than talking to people privately, obvs. I don't have the social energy to maintain too many one-on-one connections, so that's an incredibly low number of people... like, two maybe?... but I enjoy the forum chatter for different reasons. And yeah, discussion happens.

• Like 2

ryn2
29 minutes ago, CBC said:

I know why you're not supposed to stray too far off topic, it makes sense, but I enjoy the social nature of the forums.

Same, and same.  I get it that someone asking a question may not be interested in the stream-of-consciousness activity that leads in a completely different direction, but I also enjoy the conversational “oh, that reminds me of ____” that tends to stray farther and farther off-topic.

• Like 2

naakka
5 hours ago, CBC said:

Personally, if someone can't or won't derail a thread with me, I probably don't like them. I don't like externally-imposed rules and I don't much like people who insist on following them. -_-

I wonder if one could get a warning if they tried to intentionally derail multiple threads? Not gonna try to find out, though. I'm sitting in that happy place of only one active warning and don't much want a second one and a two-week suspension.

So a bit rebellious, I guess? :P Well, you could always save yourself by bringing it back to the subject. "I connect with people while spontaneously derailing threads..." :D

• Like 1

Phoenix the II

Via chat, internet.

I'm extremely introverted. :P 

• Like 3

Ms. Carolynne

For me, I connect to others functionally and to an extent verbally.

I'm very introverted though, so I don't often talk a lot, unless it's important or an engaging conversation.

• Like 1

CBC
6 hours ago, naakka said:

So a bit rebellious, I guess? :P 

Lol always.

6 hours ago, naakka said:

Well, you could always save yourself by bringing it back to the subject. "I connect with people while spontaneously derailing threads..." :D

Not untrue!

• Like 1