New Declass Team Member Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for one more member of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/ 

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 30 January to Thursday, 6 February: Nominations.

Thursday, 6 February to Sunday, 9 February: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 9 February to Sunday, 16 February: Voting.

Good luck to anyone running or thinking about running. Happy to answer any questions 😊

Janus the Fox

A small blurb about the declass

Spoiler

This team member position is about reading and Declassing past and present report, Admod and Policy threads.

you're tasked either one of 3 tasked at any point.  You may wish to PM members who turn up in the thread, you may wish to Declass a thread, this is simply put changing the names and links with tags updating the index thread doing so.  Larger threads and chat threads are challenges to overcome.  Finally you may wish to proof the Declassed thread, this it to look at the thread again for any mistakes to correct, these then will be marked as moved to Admod Archive and logged as Recently Declassed.

Furthermore you may wish to participate in Admods Only in any thread that is marked for Declass discussion or staff wide discussions or make use of team wide PM discussions.  At the end of every 3 months, you may wish to participate in a DT Quarterly Report.

From experience as a DT Member for near 2 years, the role is most useful to have access to a Desktop or Laptop PC for larger and more technical declassifications, or any reliable access to the internet should do.  Due to a few bugs in the system, I have a few tricks to get around some issues.

It is not as demanding as an Admod position that requires daily input.  The Declass Team requires at least a monthly input and a recommended weekly input even if it’s just to tackle the backlog.  I do like this frequency to change though any DT can make daily input if they wish. 

Best of luck to anybody running and looks forward to training a new one :) 

Custard Cream

Is there more information on the position and responsibilities available anywhere? I am interested, but don't feel I know quite enough about it.

3 hours ago, Custard Cream said:

Is there more information on the position and responsibilities available anywhere? I am interested, but don't feel I know quite enough about it.

These might help explain:

Custard Cream

OK, I'll put myself forward. Consider my hat thrown into the ring.

Custard Cream
Just now, Cheshire-Cat said:

@Custard Cream if you have any questions about DT feel free to ask one of us 🙂

Thank you. I guess I simply don't know what I don't know - but I'm methodical and willing to learn!

1 minute ago, Custard Cream said:

Thank you. I guess I simply don't know what I don't know - but I'm methodical and willing to learn!

Willing to learn is good! When I started I didn't really know much about declass but it's an interesting way to learn more about how the site works.

Custard Cream
Just now, Cheshire-Cat said:

Willing to learn is good! When I started I didn't really know much about declass but it's an interesting way to learn more about how the site works.

That's what I hoped. I feel that I want to give something back to this community, and as I always like to know how things work and fit together, this seems like a good start!

What does declass do?

2 hours ago, Custard Cream said:

I soooo understand what you mean! But the post and thread I linked genuinely do give a good overview. The current DT can walk you through exactly how to do each step and you’d have access to the backroom if elected. (So you’d be able to read more to fill in some blanks.) Declass isn’t daunting. It’s not as much responsibility as other roles. Being methodical is great for declass and means you would probably enjoy the work.  

44 minutes ago, Christmace_liv said:

What does declass do?

See my links above for an official overview.

2 hours ago, Christmace_liv said:

What does declass do?

Essentially we take threads from the admods area (discussions, reports etc.) and remove any identifiable information so they can be placed on the public forum. It was decided to do this to make the workings of admods more transparent. The completed product can be seen in the admod archives section of site comments.

I’ll run. I won’t be able to be active as much because I have school but I hope that doesn’t matter

4 hours ago, Custard Cream said:

I'm methodical and willing to learn

That’s 100% of the requirements of the role neatly summed up 😊👍

13 minutes ago, Christmace_liv said:

I’ll run. I won’t be able to be active as much because I have school but I hope that doesn’t matter

As long as you can concentrate on Declass for a few hours a week all good! 😊

17 minutes ago, Christmace_liv said:

Declass doesn't have a daily requirement so it's not as bad as mods. I will admit that between work and college I haven't been as active as I'd like recently but then when I have a day off I can spend hours declassing to make up for it.

Janus the Fox

There's already a 30 thread proofing practice for anybody with a bit of spare time.

Custard Cream

I have to state for the record that I don't have a great deal of spare time either - I work long hours and have frequent evening and weekend commitments.

Custard Cream

Apologies all, having assessed my life, working hours, current projects and personal commitments, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I am unable to commit to a role of this nature at present, so I must regretfully withdraw from this election to allow someone with more flexibility to take up the role. Hopefully, should circumstances change in the future I will be able to stand for another role.

Archived