What would you like to see in social media?

JSML

I am taking a social media design and strategy class and our big semester project is to create a social media "brand" and post to two big platforms regularly. I am creating an asexuality awareness, education and representation brand. My message is about acceptance and the brand's purpose is simply to create more visibility on social media. I am in the process of brainstorming and coming up with topics to post about. My question to you all is what kind of content would you like to see? Stories? Infographics? Representation in media? These are just a few ideas.

Less bots, particularly bots from other countries for political purpose.

The infographics sure, but also those comics that people use to tell their stories and provide their own POV. I’d definitely add a link to some merch :) 

Stories for sure. That helps me a lot at times even if the subject does not directly identify with me it most likely will in some way. It may be the wrong place for it but I would like to see more information about the effects of socially difficult situations and the effect they have on asexual individuals. Topics that are fun as well as serious. As an example: I would be especially drawn to forums/ discussions/ stories/ etc. discussing domestic violence or abuse. It may be grim to some but I would really like to know how other asexual's have dealt with this if it has affected them. There could always be more resources for people that are hurting from abuse. Having few places to feel safe at a time like that and knowing first hand how long the road of recovery really is almost makes this a must have. If even just a handful of people could find that helpful it would be worth advocating. This is a big topic but just one of many really important and interesting ones that could be explored. Maybe it's too much or no help sorry.

Edit: I don't like that I left that idea on such a dark note. I think the education tools that could come from this and how it would serve the future asexual generation's is critical though. I would equally like to read about great achievements of people in the community as well and the affects their inspirations may have in the future as well.

4 minutes ago, Silence4now said:

...As an example: I would be especially drawn to forums/ discussions/ stories/ etc. discussing domestic violence or abuse. It may be grim to some but I would really like to know how other asexual's have dealt with this if it has affected them. There could always be more resources for people that are hurting from abuse...

Hi. There's this site, for asexual survivors of abuse, which includes their stories, as well as resources for help.

https://asexualsurvivors.org/2015/08/on-sexual-abuse-repulsion-and-aversion-in-the-asexual-community/

5 minutes ago, Silence4now said:

Stories for sure. That helps me a lot at times even if the subject does not directly identify with me it most likely will in some way. It may be the wrong place for it but I would like to see more information about the effects of socially difficult situations and the effect they have on asexual individuals. Topics that are fun as well as serious. As an example: I would be especially drawn to forums/ discussions/ stories/ etc. discussing domestic violence or abuse. It may be grim to some but I would really like to know how other asexual's have dealt with this if it has affected them. There could always be more resources for people that are hurting from abuse. Having few places to feel safe at a time like that and knowing first hand how long the road of recovery really is almost makes this a must have. If even just a handful of people could find that helpful it would be worth advocating. This is a big topic but just one of many really important and interesting ones that could be explored. Maybe it's too much or no help sorry.

Not at all, this is very helpful for me! Thank you for responding.

1 hour ago, Lichley said:

The infographics sure, but also those comics that people use to tell their stories and provide their own POV. I’d definitely add a link to some merch :) 

Could you expand on this a little bit? I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to...

19 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hi. There's this site, for asexual survivors of abuse, which includes their stories, as well as resources for help.

https://asexualsurvivors.org/2015/08/on-sexual-abuse-repulsion-and-aversion-in-the-asexual-community/

I had no idea. Thank you. This kind of information should be in a crisis intervention section that someone could hardly miss. 

21 hours ago, JSML said:

Could you expand on this a little bit? I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to...

I was going to link to an asexual themed merch store - like a bunch of shirts with ace jokes on them and stuff - but apparently it’s been hacked or something because it now links to something bad :( 

Archived