Any asexual 45+ nomads here?

Hi. I joined yesterday and have been realizing realizing my graysexual place in the asexual spectrum. If only I realized this years ago! 😶The way life unfolds is sooo fascinating!

In recent years, after raising my daughter as a stay-at-home Dad (she's now a veterinarian!), I've been slow-exploring the world as I work creatively on my laptop and hike in inspiring nature each day. It's a interesting lifestyle with many adventures. Although I'm very solo-oriented, I'd love to form a few friendships online or in-person with other asexual nomads, if possible.

Currently, I'm in Italy pet/house-sitting on an organic olive tree farm in the Tuscany area. In March I head to Montenegro (Kotor + nearby) for 2 months, then Bansko, Bulgaria for a few months.

Thanks for reading. Please let out a shout if you are a part-time or full-time older nomadic-leaning (now or soon) soul, too! 

@Michael-Explorer, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

Note to LeChat: I'm in my early 60s not in my 40's, but I addressed my post 45+ because I find I also relate well to younger people since I have a very active, highly-creative, engaged life. Thanks.

Hi @Michael-Explorer.  I read "Tales of a Female Nomad" about 15 years ago, which I found fascinating, and have dreamed about the lifestyle ever since.  Congrats to you for doing it!!

Also, welcome to Aven!  The 50s thread is quite active, if you'd like to check it out.  

1 hour ago, Michael-Explorer said:

Note to LeChat: I'm in my late 50s not in my 40's, but I addressed my post 45+ because I find I also relate well to younger people since I have a very active, highly-creative, engaged life. Thanks.

:) Oh! Okay. I understand, now. I guess I was used to seeing new members ask for specific age group and it being around their age.

You're still welcome to visit the 40s thread, anyway; some members like to visit the threads that are a decade above or below their own age. For example, some members who are 50+ like to visit the 40s/30s chat threads to chat with younger members because they also, like you, relate to them, enjoy the topics they bring up, etc.

Phantasmal Fingers

I used to be a nomad. In fact I used to tell friends that I thought of myself as a jellyfish, that I had the power of locomotion within the area I lived in but drifted on a wider ocean current. I used to think of my life as, "Operation Global Drift". I also had what I called a 'scattergun approach' to life. I would fire off a dozen or so job applications each year and accept the first offer I got, so I never knew where I was off to next! In that way I ended up living in 13 countries between 1992 and 2006, usually spending about 6 to 9 months in each, although I was in China for 2 years. I've lived in three more countries since that time. None of these countries were in the Americas though. And apart from Egypt all the rest were in various parts of Europe, the Middle East and Asia. These days, however, I am sedentary in terms of where I live (in GB) and very happy to be so. But who knows? I might just start travelling around again in the future! 🙂

Archived