Lost In Space

Anyone like Lost in Space?? 

Im the only one among my circle who watches it and would like to chat about it. 

I binged season 2 in a day. The day it came out. Im avoiding the witcher and the chilling adventure of Sabrina until I know I have self control. 

I want moreeeee....

Also any netflix suggestions that are similar to it are also welcome....ImboredSOS

Lord Jade Cross

When I read the title, I could only think of the 90's movie...Guess Im not too modern 😅

Final Space if you like space and don't mind drawn animation.

Altered Carbon, great sci-fi. Season 2 soon too (very excited).

The Good place.

Sense8 

Last 2 are great shows but have nothing to do with space/sci-fi tho.

3 minutes ago, DryRain said:

Final Space if you like space and don't mind drawn animation.

Altered Carbon, great sci-fi. Season 2 soon too (very excited).

The Good place.

Sense8 

Last 2 are great shows but have nothing to do with space/sci-fi tho.

I love the Good Place.

I will check them out!

Oh I love me some sci-fi with a heart! I have to admit that I got a little annoyed at the bad science but the characters won me over big time, especially the Robinsons. I did wish we got a family moment where the parents told the kids they were back together.

1 minute ago, MJDai said:

Oh I love me some sci-fi with a heart! I have to admit that I got a little annoyed at the bad science but the characters won me over big time, especially the Robinsons. I did wish we got a family moment where the parents told the kids they were back together.

Im too stupid for the science so I didnt care much but the characters are amazing. I hate how Dr Smit won me over in the end I hate it XD 

That ending was a whole twist but they hinted at it but I was like ROBOTTTTTTTT

1 minute ago, GatsbyGirl said:

Im too stupid for the science so I didnt care much but the characters are amazing. I hate how Dr Smit won me over in the end I hate it XD 

That ending was a whole twist but they hinted at it but I was like ROBOTTTTTTTT

Oh! Can we have the spacewhale as a pet? It was so pretty!

4 minutes ago, MJDai said:

Oh! Can we have the spacewhale as a pet? It was so pretty!

YESSSSSSSSSSSs it was stunning, the effects of it was just breath taking.

I cried at that scene where you know who sacrificed himself for scarecrow *cries ugly* 

Its emotional and gorgeous.

Lord Jade Cross
20 minutes ago, GatsbyGirl said:

Was it any good? I heard about the old one?

As far as a 90's scyfi  goes, I guess it was ok enough

Yes! So much sacrifice and morally grey behaviour. I mean, Maureen's giving up her codes coming back to bite her in the ass.

Oh and the people leaving a child up on the station for literal months while the Robinsons captures Scarecrow in hours... It was always sort of obvious that security guy didn't have a high priority on human life.

Like you, I have so many thoughts on the ending. I need my Robinsons together! And Judy's daaaaaaaaaaad!

30 minutes ago, MJDai said:

Yes! So much sacrifice and morally grey behaviour. I mean, Maureen's giving up her codes coming back to bite her in the ass.

Oh and the people leaving a child up on the station for literal months while the Robinsons captures Scarecrow in hours... It was always sort of obvious that security guy didn't have a high priority on human life.

Like you, I have so many thoughts on the ending. I need my Robinsons together! And Judy's daaaaaaaaaaad!

Im freaked out its gonna go with the relationship of the dads but thats if Judys dad is alive though....I love how we get teased about the robots a lot cause it leaves room to have more seasons and we still deal with a lot of human issues.

Debbie is the best though. XD

I really like how the robots are different from humans, but still very relatable. Like, from their point of view, humans abducted and toretured one of their own, of course they'd do everything to retrieve their friend and make sure it wouldn't happen again.

And at the same tmie, the humans are so very human. Poor John struggled so much with having skipped out of being a dad to Will and then seeing the Robot be a sort of father figure in his stead. And now he's going to have to deal with Judy's presumed dead dad! And though his and Maureen's relationship seems very solid now (oh how I love them together) but what happens when the parents finally make it back to their children only to find Maureen's Long Lost Love has been taking care of them all that time? Honestly, I don't think poor Grant and his crew are going to be 100% sane after all this time but still!

5 minutes ago, MJDai said:

I really like how the robots are different from humans, but still very relatable. Like, from their point of view, humans abducted and toretured one of their own, of course they'd do everything to retrieve their friend and make sure it wouldn't happen again.

And at the same tmie, the humans are so very human. Poor John struggled so much with having skipped out of being a dad to Will and then seeing the Robot be a sort of father figure in his stead. And now he's going to have to deal with Judy's presumed dead dad! And though his and Maureen's relationship seems very solid now (oh how I love them together) but what happens when the parents finally make it back to their children only to find Maureen's Long Lost Love has been taking care of them all that time? Honestly, I don't think poor Grant and his crew are going to be 100% sane after all this time but still!

I loved Wills growth though. How he went from sulking to understanding the robot wanted to do his own thing as well and he was on board.

Him and Maureen are an epic pair. I really cannot wait for season 3. Its got me so nervous. I love Don and Penny though as well. 

They really gave a variety of characters as well. I love how Don becomes like an older uncle figure and he risks everything to save Penny.

7 hours ago, HelloSnakeEyes said:

Do the robots have aluminum duct work arms in the new series? 

Ha! I wonder as well. I was an ardent fan of the 1960s version as a kid. Jonathan Harris's Dr. Smith was a delightfully sarcastic never-do-well, and he almost stole the series from everyone else. 

Archived