Sex only if it is novel

hpsique

Hello folks, 

I literally just found this forum, despite being research for asexuality for a little wile. Over the last couple years, I realized that I only want to have sex with someone for may be 3 or 4 times. I have been in different relationships lasting from 6 months to 3 years, and, most of the cases, it fell apart because my lack of interest in sex. I realized that having sex after those 3 or 4 times became a masturbatory action and quite selfish. I believe I classify as a gray person, would you agree?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, maybe gray. Have you ever heard the term fraysexual? Google it, that might fit.

AceMissBehaving

I find that in the beginning of a relationship I can have sex, I think I  part because of the novelty and the “new relationship energy”.

It seems pretty common for ace folk to be able to keep up with partners very early on, but then have the ability kind of vanish once the limerence stage is over.

AceMissBehaving
26 minutes ago, KrysLost said:

Hmm, I don't know how romantic you are but you're likely better off single with that kind of sexuality. Enjoy being single.

That’s a rather cruel thing to say 

34 minutes ago, KrysLost said:

Hmm, I don't know how romantic you are but you're likely better off single with that kind of sexuality. Enjoy being single.

Or maybe polyamory would work. Or being with an ace person if you're monogamous. I don't think you'd necessarily have to be single.

52 minutes ago, KrysLost said:

Thanks for contributing with something totally unrelated with my original question: 

1 hour ago, hpsique said:

I believe I classify as a gray person, would you agree?

thanks.

27 minutes ago, hpsique said:

Thanks for contributing with something totally unrelated with my original question: 

thanks.

JDljfasd sorry if I came off as rude. I can now see see that was quite the stupid reply. 

Nothing wrong with wanting new partners.  Just be honest with partners (and yourself!) so that everyone is on the same page. A series of short relationships or open relationships could work.

Archived