I'm done with sexuality (looking to kill libido)

I'm a transguy and since I haven't transitioned yet, birth control is still an option. I'm just a demisexual so it's not like sexuality is super important to me. It once was inside my mind but I ended up liking a lot more stuff than I'm comfortable with. So I think it's about time I said goodbye. I'll miss it but I can live without it. What I'm worried about is the affect of testosterone though and if I go on HRT, how am I going to kill my libido on that? 

I used to take anti-psychotics and my libido is extremely low. Not that I would encourage pharmaceuticals, but I think the anti-psychotics work mostly on your dopamine system and don't directly interfere with your testosterone. In any case, numerous anti-psychotics are known to reduce/eliminate libido, so you may want to give them a try. For a more natural approach, try products with phyto estrogens, like soy-based stuff. I think in some cultures monks use this to control their libido, don't know the details.

19 minutes ago, Pandark said:

I used to take anti-psychotics and my libido is extremely low. Not that I would encourage pharmaceuticals, but I think the anti-psychotics work mostly on your dopamine system and don't directly interfere with your testosterone. In any case, numerous anti-psychotics are known to reduce/eliminate libido, so you may want to give them a try. For a more natural approach, try products with phyto estrogens, like soy-based stuff. I think in some cultures monks use this to control their libido, don't know the details.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into that in the future. 

@KrysLost, you may find useful answers in the Gender forum as well 

10 hours ago, Pandark said:

Does that mean that anti-psychotics reduce the production of dopamine? Or something like that?

14 minutes ago, Salmiakki said:

Does that mean that anti-psychotics reduce the production of dopamine? Or something like that?

They don't reduce dopamine production, but rather block dopamine receptors, making them less sensitive. This means brain areas where there is a dopamine excess (the areas usually involved in psychosis) will have less activity. Other areas are also affected, but not as much. It is a kind of bottleneck principle, where the available receptors are the bottleneck, so that activity in high dopamine areas is affected more than areas with normal levels. This is at least how I understand it, I'm no expert. You'll need a prescription for this in any case, so you'll discuss the effects with a psychiatrist.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, CBC said:

Would working through this with a therapist not be a healthier and more permanent solution than trying to kill off some part of who you are? I absolutely understand just wanting to be rid of an issue, but suppression isn't really the answer. That just causes other problems. Been there done that in my own way. It doesn't work.

I was losing my mind with the obsessive thoughts and the high. 

Archived