Women agree: PIV is meh.

WoodwindWhistler

WoodwindWhistler

So guess what, it's me again, here to reassure you that yes, in fact it is OK not to have PIV and maybe straight women shouldn't even be expected to do it, either. (try to ignore the HEAVY gendering in this one, or, sh**, just read the first couple of paragraphs until you get to the phrase 'compare notes.'" Also warning for you repulsed peeps. 

And not to sound like a broken record, but I personally disapprove of using the 'f' word because it's a synonym for rape and is usually associated with violent or at least aggressive domination. 

*rubs hands together* OK let's go. 

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/on-orgasm-and-female-sexuality-93c15aa381fe

If, before my lifetime is over, it becomes the norm- even a 51% of people kind of norm- for the term 'one night stand' to refer to oral, I'll consider one of my big jobs on this earth done. 

I wouldn't be so negative about PIV. By now it's a well-established technique that also gives you spatial information you wouldn't get using point measurements like hot wires or pitot tubes. What's more, research in recent years has shown that Taylor's hypothesis has to be taken with at least a bucket of salt. As for women being negative about PIV, I just can't see it. Many of the researchers I know who use this technique are women and I haven't heard them complain.

I wouldn't write it off entirely. Procreation wouldn't be possible otherwise. 

So does that mean women don't need PIV sex to develop an emotional attachment to a man? I'm confused by this, because I've read that women get their main oxytocin rush from PIV sex, and this is what bonds them to a partner. It always worried me, because if that's true, then in the eventuality that I enter a committed relationship I won't be able to get that same emotional attachment from her due to my unwillingness to engage in PIV sex. So if would be kind of a relief if it doesn't actually do much of anything for a woman.

Make that "Some women agree" and you have a point. Because others don't agree. Source: Women I talked to.

It's just a fact that some women love PiV and orgasm much more strongly from it than they do from other forms of sex.

Heck, *I* even get hungry for it sometimes even though I'm physically unable to experience pleasure from it!!! But it's an ache deep inside for the pressure of having a penis up you, cumming in you. It's a really nice feeling for some ladies. I also really do NOT like receiving oral, so if choosing, I'd prefer PiV.

And I've actually met men who really aren't fussed on PiV either and prefer other forms of sex. Heck, I've even met men whose preferred sex act is giving a woman oral!! I've met plenty of women who adore PiV for many reasons (even if they can't orgasm from it) and those who don't get anything out of it. And those who prefer oral too.

It takes all sorts to make a world. Sure there are women out there who don't like PiV, but there are women who also love it and prefer it to other sex acts. Everyone is different, that's just how the world works. :)

It's not up to someone else to try to dictate how consenting adults conduct themselves sexually though. Just saying.

18 minutes ago, Some guy said:

So does that mean women don't need PIV sex to develop an emotional attachment to a man? I'm confused by this, because I've read that women get their main oxytocin rush from PIV sex, and this is what bonds them to a partner, from PIV sex.

Many roads lead to Rome ;)

Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, CBC said:

It's all personal preference, like literally everything else about sex. 

Something that would resolve so many issues and hangups around the matter. Really, I see alot more trouble over what should be VS what is in sex. 

WoodwindWhistler
On 1/27/2020 at 6:46 AM, Sithgroundhog said:

I wouldn't write it off entirely. Procreation wouldn't be possible otherwise. 

Blessedly, even that is not true. Pregnancy can be achieved by simply ejaculating on ladyparts. It has a lower *chance* of pregnancy, but that's largely irrelevant. 

And this is perfectly in line with the rest of the animal kingdom: (quote from my thread below) "the majority of species of megafauna do not penetrate. Reptiles, birds, amphibians, and a few marsupials of each sex have a genetalia opening that is visually indistinguishable from each other- called the cloaca." Sperm can swim, and in humans, survive for up to two days. That is all that's needed.  

(true, they can last longer in other species, esp females that have conscious control over when or whether to allow fertilization. 
Cryptic Female Choice, which sometimes kicks in when a female is physically coerced. Would that it were true for humans!! Maybe that infamous comment from that senator was sourced from some biology on rats or lions or- less probably- gelada baboons he had once stumbled across and he didn't realize it didn't apply to Homo sapiens) 

On 1/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, Some guy said:

So does that mean women don't need PIV sex to develop an emotional attachment to a man? I'm confused by this, because I've read that women get their main oxytocin rush from PIV sex, and this is what bonds them to a partner. It always worried me, because if that's true, then in the eventuality that I enter a committed relationship I won't be able to get that same emotional attachment from her due to my unwillingness to engage in PIV sex. So if would be kind of a relief if it doesn't actually do much of anything for a woman.

As others pointed out, yeah it's not true for all women, but you have a MUCH wider pool to choose from than society would have you believe. You might even be the one to release a woman from this assumption of . . . well, putting out. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:46 AM, Jade Cross said:

Ive heard both sides from women 

On 1/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, Homer said:

Make that "Some women agree" and you have a point. Because others don't agree. Source: Women I talked to.

All right, let's say a quite *comfortable majority* agrees. Only 1/4th of women even get off from PIV. (see post below, if you haven't already) I thought that understanding would go without saying, but I guess the footnote has to be there. 

"87% of all women (regardless of age) “moan” or vocalize during intercourse to: a) boost their man’s self-image as a lover, and b) speed things up (i.e. “Let’s get it over with already.”)" 

1 hour ago, WoodwindWhistler said:

Blessedly, even that is not true. Pregnancy can be achieved by simply ejaculating on ladyparts. It has a lower *chance* of pregnancy, but that's largely irrelevant. 

"For all practical purposes, you cannot get pregnant without penetration. However, if ejaculate fluid/semen comes in contact with the vagina even without penetration, it is possible that sperm could enter and fertilize an egg. This is extremely unlikely, but it is technically possible." - American Pregnancy Association (emphasis used by website, I did not add it)

Is it possible? "Yes, although the risk of getting pregnant in this way is very low." - NHS.uk 

"If a couple has not taken the traditional route of sexual intercourse and instead opted for grinding, oral or even anal sex, the risk of pregnancy is very low, but it is still there. ...  Even though it is highly unlikely to get pregnant without penetration, it is still possible, in some rare circumstances." - India Times

Various doctors on Practo saying unlikely but possible. 

So basically, *possible* but highly unlikely. So want to have kids? Deal with penetration or use more creative methods like turkey basters or scientific means to become pregnant. If you're super against PiV or prefer otherwise for pleasure reasons or anything, sure, go for it. Just realize that there are practical reasons why our species evolved for procreation to involve it. Just be happy we're not species with corkscrew penises. 

1 hour ago, WoodwindWhistler said:

And this is perfectly in line with the rest of the animal kingdom: (quote from my thread below) "the majority of species of megafauna do not penetrate. Reptiles, birds, amphibians, and a few marsupials of each sex have a genetalia opening that is visually indistinguishable from each other- called the cloaca." Sperm can swim, and in humans, survive for up to two days. That is all that's needed.  

For any of that to be relevant, we'd need a crap ton of time to evolve so penetration is not necessary in humans. An animal you didn't mention was mammals, which we are, even if that name itself just means we feed our offspring through mammary glands. And some reptiles and birds apparently also have internal fertilization. Sperm can swim, yes, but it can't fly or crawl. 

While you are technically correct in that we do not absolutely require penetration to become pregnant, relying on non-penetration the way we currently are as Homo Sapiens will likely lead to disappointment. 

I wonder how you'd explain off the cases of some ace males I've seen here who've lost their relationship partners because they could not agree/consent to PiV sex, then...?

Anyway, yes yes, it's "okay" to not have any kind of sex you don't want, so long as you also agree it's "okay" for anyone else who does want that kind of sex to break up with you over it.  Freedom goes both ways, and it's not solely the female's position that matters.

I'm not quite sure why anyone else would need you to dictate to them over what kinds of sex they actually want or don't want, though.  I'm pretty sure most of them can figure that out without your posturing.

It's very relevant.  As someone who has several relatives who've wanted and tried to conceive for years unsuccessfully (some of whom eventually gave up and adopted), I can tell you that pregnancy isn't this easily accomplished thing for everyone looking to have children.  You don't exactly want to lessen those chances further (and as pointed out above, it's not just a small decrease like you're making it out to be; avoiding penetration entirely is going to tank the odds of successful pregnancy)

This, on the other hand, actually is irrelevant.  Humans are -- surprisingly enough -- not actually any of those other animals.

3 hours ago, WoodwindWhistler said:

"87% of all women (regardless of age) “moan” or vocalize during intercourse to: a) boost their man’s self-image as a lover, and b) speed things up (i.e. “Let’s get it over with already.”

87%, that's bullshit. Many of them are moaning because they generally love what's happening. Sure there may have been points in their life where they moan to hurry it up, but it's not like the vast majority of women who are having sex are only pretending to enjoy it like every time. For many women, the moaning just literally indicates their pleasure.

@WoodwindWhistler what is your purpose with this thread? All you are doing is spreading false assumptions and misinformed ideas about female sexual pleasure... And as one of the many females who does in fact enjoy aspects of sex with men (yes especially their penis!!) I find a lot of what you're saying really offensive!!

Also the article you linked at the top is one woman's personal opinion. Anyone can write for that site (I have done so myself many times), you don't need qualifications or anything. You just need an opinion and the ability to type.

9 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

87%, that's bullshit. Many of them are moaning because they generally love what's happening. Sure there may have been points in their life where they moan to hurry it up, but it's not like the vast majority of women who are having sex are only pretending to enjoy it like every time. For many women, the moaning just literally indicates their pleasure.

@WoodwindWhistler what is your purpose with this thread? All you are doing is spreading false assumptions and misinformed ideas about female sexual pleasure... And as one of the many females who does in fact enjoy aspects of sex with men (yes especially their penis!!) I find a lot of what you're saying really offensive!!

If I recall right, I believe they posted before about how PiV is bad for women and womens rights or some such. So this is some sort of odd feminism thing I think? 

But... yeah. I personally dont like or want PiV. But, I know lots of women who love it. To each their own. I prefer hands, others prefer a penis. And orgasm isnt the only way to gauge enjoyment - some love it but orgasm after with oral or hands. 

Lord Jade Cross

Call me crazy, and by no means Im an expert on feminism, but this is sounding alot like the age old idea that men only seek sex and women only seek love and each one uses the tactic or the want of the other to get their ultimate desire. 

11 hours ago, CBC said:

Shit, do you get paid for it? Lol, I should look into getting paid for writing my random thoughts... got too many of them floating round in my head and writing is the only thing I can do with any mild degree of talent.

When I was doing it (I'm assuming the website is the same) it didn't so much work as an instant-pay-type thing like the other website I write for. You literally just make an account and start writing, as a way to practice and hone your skills. If you build a large enough audience and become a member, you can start making some posts 'members only' and you get paid for views on those. However it's not much unless you have a huge audience. But yeah pretty much the stuff available for non-paying members (like the above linked article) can be written by ANY random Joe, and they can even make an entirely fake account and claim to have credentials they don't etc. You can't prove it unless you have their real name and a way to prove whether or not the person attached to that name has earned said credentials!! If I had more time(was less lazy) I'd probably start doing it again and focus on building an audience for the purpose of pushing them towards my YT channel and vice versa. But I'm too busy with other stuff!!!! (to lazy!!!!!)

Spoiler

I have written on and off since 2012 for another website that pays 100.00USD per article, and the money is paid into PayPal. I could give you more info about that privately if you want to make some extra money, but it's not for personal thoughts or anything. I could link you (privately) to some of my stuff so you can see what they like. One of mine even got published in a book which I really should try to get a copy of for the show-off factor of it lol. It's as easy as writing the piece, submitting it using a form, and then getting paid if they accept it though... as long as one's brain can wrap itself around what they want!!

Sorry, that was off topic.

3 hours ago, CBC said:

I'm still curious about the motivation for posting... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Same!!!!

5 hours ago, Serran said:

If I recall right, I believe they posted before about how PiV is bad for women and womens rights or some such. So this is some sort of odd feminism thing I think? 

It seems to me that they believe they have a purpose to literally change the way women have sex. While also incorrectly assuming that one-night-stands literally just involve a man sticking his penis into a woman who doesn't get anything out of it, based on this quote:

On 1/27/2020 at 9:34 PM, WoodwindWhistler said:

If, before my lifetime is over, it becomes the norm- even a 51% of people kind of norm- for the term 'one night stand' to refer to oral, I'll consider one of my big jobs on this earth done. 

I think the OP maybe is confused over how one-night-stands work.

1) it's certainly not only straight people having them

2) the females involved are often very aroused and actively desiring the person they have just chosen to bang, hence WHY they are having the one-night-stand at all. 

3) a lot of oral sex and all kinds of other sexual acts are usually involved during a one-night-stand. Many women (and men too) often describe it as some of the best sex they have had because they don't need to worry about being embarrassed or anything the next day. Surprise surprise there are also a lot of women out there who don't even like receiving oral!!!

4) when a woman does have penetrative vaginal sex during a one-night-stand, these days it's usually because she wants and desires it. It's not something many girls just think is expected of them like maybe happened in the 50s. Girls are masturbating a lot earlier now, in a lot more varied ways (due to access to different toys etc), to all kinds of crazy stuff, so by the time they start having one-night-stands they often already know what they want and how they want it. (PS all that was for the OP @Serran, I wasn't lecturing you!)

So yeah, the OP just seems to have a misplaced idea that women aren't enjoying one-night-stands, so they (the OP) needs to fix that.

Whore*of*Mensa

Has anyone seen this OMGyes research thing, involving Indiana University and Kinsey Institute researchers? Emma Watson talks about it. 

Anyway looking at the FAQs it says only 18% of women orgasm from PIV, and this is based on research with 20,000 women. 

https://www.omgyes.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NTxBRDxARIsAHyp6gCb9gLrQ6j7WlsFluU53RClYfG1a8SP1lqB46Ff8hLf4YJOOBFPMtoaAlSgEALw_wcB

Lord Jade Cross
4 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

Many women (and men too) often describe it as some of the best sex they have had because they don't need to worry about being embarrassed or anything the next day.

This is interesting. But is the sex good because of the act itself or is the fact that there is no post act responsibility so to speak what gives the act that thrill?

1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

This is interesting. But is the sex good because of the act itself or is the fact that there is no post act responsibility so to speak what gives the act that thrill?

A lot of people hate one-night-stands so never have them. But for people who do really enjoy them I think there's a lot of factors involved, and different people enjoy it for different reasons. For some, it's that there is no responsibility. For some, it's that they have less inhibitions with a total stranger they're never going to see again. Some are literally turned on by having sex with a total stranger. Some like how poetic it is, hah. For some, it's the thrill. For some, it's very comforting when they are single - having that intimate contact. And for many, it's a mixture of all those things or other reasons entirely!! I'm only speaking of those who actively enjoy one-night-stands though, not of those who don't enjoy them (ie I do not enjoy one-night-stands so never have them!).

5 hours ago, Whore*of*Mensa said:

Has anyone seen this OMGyes research thing, involving Indiana University and Kinsey Institute researchers? Emma Watson talks about it. 

Anyway looking at the FAQs it says only 18% of women orgasm from PIV, and this is based on research with 20,000 women. 

https://www.omgyes.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NTxBRDxARIsAHyp6gCb9gLrQ6j7WlsFluU53RClYfG1a8SP1lqB46Ff8hLf4YJOOBFPMtoaAlSgEALw_wcB

I'm on my phone and that site is very difficult to navigate on mobile so I couldn't find the info you're referencing, I'll have to wait until I'm on my comp!

However, the argument here isn't how many women orgasm from PiV, but how many women enjoy it. :)

Whore*of*Mensa
10 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

I'm on my phone and that site is very difficult to navigate on mobile so I couldn't find the info you're referencing, I'll have to wait until I'm on my comp!

However, the argument here isn't how many women orgasm from PiV, but how many women enjoy it. :)

I guess. I can't speak for other people, so I guess it would be good if there was some more research into these things...I'm one of those who doesn't get why anyone would want to do it, get repulsed quite quickly when trying to discuss it as well so I'm probably in the wrong thread/sub-forum! But I think there might be some support for what the OP is saying..

33 minutes ago, CBC said:

Yeah uh, if someone is repulsed and doesn't get why anyone would do it... not sure those are the people most suited to discussing the matter, but what do I know.

Many many women enjoy PiV whether they orgasm from it or not. Gay women use... implements... to facilitate penetrative sex. It feels good and orgasm isn't the only goal.

Yeah orgasm is nice.... but there is so, so, so much more to sex than orgasm. A lot dont orgasm to PiV because there isnt enough clitoral stimulation. However, they tend to orgasm after enjoying PiV - oral, hands, etc. Or some use hands, toys, etc during PiV to add the clitoral stimulation needed. 

But... they still like the feel of a penis inside of them, their partner close to them, the feel of their partner getting more and more excited as they go, the "oneness" they get from their partner being inside of them, etc.. 

Personally, I hate oral. I would take PiV anyday over oral and I dont even like PiV. But oral is just awful to me. So the push for oral would be terrible imo. 😛

It's almost like people should be asking their sexual partners what they like (and that they should be honest about their preferences) instead of relying on surveys or statistics or something.

What a concept :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, CBC said:

Too logical, Philip.

Realtalk though; it's kind of baffling to me how many cases there are of people having regular sex with each other (as in, not the ONS "we've never met before and we're never meeting again" variety) not having candid and frank discussions about what does and doesn't do it for them.  Is it out of embarrassment, or what?  I mean, you're already "bumping uglies" as it were; it seems a little late for being all shy about it...

Lord Jade Cross
17 minutes ago, CBC said:

@Philip027 I really have no idea, I suppose some just must not feel comfortable with it? I don't know how one is that close to a person emotionally that they're in a relationship but can't talk about sex openly, but I guess it takes all sorts as they say. I imagine many of those folks have unfulfilling sex lives. I've zero issue with it and really like talking about sex, so... can't relate. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I imagine it has something to do with how people are so caught up in the "shoulds" that they dont think to see past that. At first it seems obvious but you be surprised how many people dont think beyond what they're told. It also doesnt help that when it comes to sex, there is still a "hush-hush" mindset that is generally established.

59 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Realtalk though; it's kind of baffling to me how many cases there are of people having regular sex with each other (as in, not the ONS "we've never met before and we're never meeting again" variety) not having candid and frank discussions about what does and doesn't do it for them.  Is it out of embarrassment, or what?  I mean, you're already "bumping uglies" as it were; it seems a little late for being all shy about it...

Some of it is shyness. Some is not wanting to insult the other by saying it isnt doing it for them the way they naturally do it. Some of it is not knowing themselves what works. Etc. 

Personally, my wife and I are a bit shy talking about it. But, we still do. But getting her to give me a preference can be hard cause shes scared to tell me something that I might not be comfortable doing since she doesnt want me to feel obligated. 

Whore*of*Mensa

I don't think that people who spend a lot of time discussing sex on this forum are necessarily representative of the general population though...The OMGyes research, as I said, does include 20,000 women and is seen as quite revolutionary as many women do not ask for, or even know, what they like. Many women don't prioritise their own sexual pleasure, or even think about it very much, much less read about it on the internet or anywhere else. 

You people are all obviously way ahead of the curve though so WELL DONE YOU 👏 👏👏 

You clearly have no desire, or need, to read surveys or statistics to find out about the general population as you have no interest in their experience, and the OP thread wasn't talking about your personal experience so clearly was rubbish..

Archived